Masked bandits steal Thanksgiving!

This is a discussion on Masked bandits steal Thanksgiving! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My neighbor, a city boy, decided he was going to be in charge of dinner at the big dance this year. He comes over on ...

Thread: Masked bandits steal Thanksgiving!

Administrator

My neighbor, a city boy, decided he was going to be in charge of dinner at the big dance this year. He comes over on Wens. to seek advice. I tell him to soak the bird in a large pot over night etc., etc.

Well, yesterday morning, he calls me up in a panic. Somebody stole his turkey. So, I walk over there to find out what happened. I'm thinking why on earth would someone break into a home, and steal a turkey... and leave the valuables untouched.
    I get there, and we go out back. There is turkey parts all over his back yard. I start laughing...he gets mad.

Turns out, he didnt have anymore room in the fridge, so he figured he'd just set it outside on the deck in the pot. After all, it was going to be in the high 20's to low 30's- thats just as good as the fridge. Except he didnt plan on hungry critters coming over for a late dinner. They were rude guests, and left a mess all over the place.

Luckily, a miscommunication between me and my wife's family left us with two turkeys, I gave him the one out of my freezer.

So, if any of you guys coon hunt, I know where you can find at least a couple of fat ones.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    Darned coons ... that does not surprise me at all.

I remember seeing a lotta heaving and fuss inside one of our garbage bins the night before it was going out for collection some time ago - trouble is it was a bit late and I think gunfire might have upset folks in the vicinity! That one survived.!

Good for you with the extra turkey ... musta saved his butt, and face
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That is funny!

Growing up in Indiana I used the old "outside freezer" many times in winter. We'd leave a deer hanging out back several times after cleaning it when we couldn't get it to the butcher down the road for a day or so. But, we used the screened in porch for the very reason your friend found out about.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    Oh yeah, I use the "big" freezer all the time. In fact, my back porch is full of drinks right now for my guests.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    I saw what I assume was one of the uninvited guests last night... he was fat.

He was sniffing around my grill, to bad there wasnt anything there but some grease for him. I'm tempted to leave some food out for him, but I know better.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think I killed one at cub scout camp when I was a kid. I kept feeding it chocolate and marshmellows. That sucker ate nearly the whole 8 pack of hershey bars and a bag of marshmellows. He looked pretty sickly and was just laying there when we went to bed. He was gone in the am. I always wondered if he wandered off and died.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

i used to live in a semi rural area close to lakeway near austin.one night i saw a raccoon on my porch i gave it a couple of crackers to eat. the next night there were 3 and i did same thing.the night after that 7 showed up& some weighed 30lbs for sure.they started getting into everything on my porch every night. i finally borrowed my neighbors female pit bull. the raccoons left and didn't come back. i guess they didn't care for the company.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

The coyotes are real buggers around here, has one come up on the deck to get at the garbage can lid last year... at 03:00 I get up look out the kitchen window and spooked the turd... he was a big one too...

Crazy critters

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I think I killed one at cub scout camp when I was a kid. I kept feeding it chocolate and marshmellows. That sucker ate nearly the whole 8 pack of hershey bars and a bag of marshmellows. He looked pretty sickly and was just laying there when we went to bed. He was gone in the am. I always wondered if he wandered off and died.
    Yeah, marshmellows clog them up good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MD_Willington View Post
    The coyotes are real buggers around here, has one come up on the deck to get at the garbage can lid last year... at 03:00 I get up look out the kitchen window and spooked the turd... he was a big one too...

Crazy critters
    We are seeing more and more coyotes around here too. You can here them at night, and they drive my dogs nuts. I dont think they are nearly as brave as the coons and I've only seen them along the woodline- no where near the houses.
    "Just blame Sixto"

last 'coon I dealt with was when I was a teen in the late '70's. My best friend told me he wanted a raccoon and I thought it was gonna be food. We found a nice one up a tree and I had a .22 rifle. I remember the first shot hit it and the critter looked at me as if to say what have I done. When it finally hit the ground dead, my friend skinned it and just took the back hide and tail to use as decorations for his car. I remember being pissed and chewed him out. Since then, I have never shot another one of God's creatures unless it was for food or out of self-defense.
    I just might change my mind on coyotes and coy-dogs though. They are not indiginous of this area, and they do cause alot of damage to other wildlife and property.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Sponsored Links