Jerk with a I-Phone gets owned by Airline Pilot.

This is a discussion on Jerk with a I-Phone gets owned by Airline Pilot. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a link to a story you will love if you, like me, dislike the little I-diotphone jerks walking around thinking they are smarter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerk with a I-Phone gets owned by Airline Pilot.

This is a link to a story you will love if you, like me, dislike the little I-diotphone jerks walking around thinking they are smarter than everyone else because of their cell phone.

If you have an I-phone, I hope you are not one of the people I am talking about.

Check it out Here: FOOL TRIES TO TELL PILOT ABOUT THE WEATHER
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    Hahaha - Captain's announcement is great!

"If the passenger with the IPhone would be kind enough to use it to check the weather at our alternate, calculate our fuel burn due to being rerouted around the storms, call the dispatcher to arrange our release, and then make a phone call to the nearest Air Traffic Control center to arrange our timely departure amongst the other aircraft carrying passengers with IPhones, then we will be more than happy to depart. Please ring your call button to advise the Flight Attendant and your fellow passengers when you deem it ready and responsible for this multi-million dollar aircraft and its passengers to safely leave."
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I actually wasted time reading all the responses on the page. I had to laugh at all the airline captains who try to make the job sound like brain surgery.

Sounds like the i-diot phone user stayed at Holiday Inn Express, last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I had to laugh at all the airline captains who try to make the job sound like brain surgery.
    Flying a plane that allows one to sleep certainly may not be. Yet, dealing with an increasingly brain-dead public has become so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Having taken flying lessons..

Untill they can make a plane that will land and take off all by its little ol'self.. especially in bad weather.. I'll take the pilots who think they are brain surgeons

VIP Member
    Didn't Iphone folks bring this on themselves by running a TV ad in which an airline pilot supposedly used the Iphone to bring an end to a 3 + hour delay?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Didn't Iphone folks bring this on themselves by running a TV ad in which an airline pilot supposedly used the Iphone to bring an end to a 3 + hour delay?
    Yes, they most certainly did. It's amazing they think their $800 phone knows more than the millions of dollars of air navigation equipment. I-diotphone indeed.
    There’s an old and true, military motto, “Si vis pacem, para bellum” - “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

You know it is I Phones fault, they have a TV ad with a "Pilot" that tells how he was delayed and looked at the weather radar on his I Phone and they let him take off. So some monkey tried the same trick, but oops reality hit him in the face.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I-phones are cool... if you have that sort of money to blow. I'd rather get a good deal on 2 guns than 1 iphone. Or 1 1911, or like 10,000 rounds of ammo, or... well you get the idea.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

ya know, I am an aircraft mechanic who occasionally gets to install and play with avionics, and if you think for one second that any cell phone internet weather program is even half as good as the Avionics that commercial aircraft and air traffic controllers use......you deserve an I-diot Phone. the nerve of some people, just makes ya laugh. **Rant OFF**
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Senior Moderator
    My iPhone is good, but not THAT good.

If you ask JD just how much that little devise has been incorporated into our lives he'd have to laugh.

At least it allows him to surf DC.com while waiting for me outside of the salon.

Yeah, the guy's an idiot. I'd be wasting my time playing bejeweled or watching some episodes of "HOUSE" or listening to music and leave the weather up to God and the pilots.

now thats my kinda girl.....too bad shes taken
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by CarryingMarine View Post
    ...if you think for one second that any cell phone internet weather program is even half as good as the Avionics that commercial aircraft and air traffic controllers use......you deserve an I-diot Phone. the nerve of some people, just makes ya laugh. **Rant OFF**
    Tell that to the Army O-6 we had who contacted the DZ on his crackberry during an NVG personnel airdrop. There was a cloud deck covering the entire approach and escape to the drop zone. In fact, the only hole in the deck was directly above the DZ, and it was maybe a couple hundred yard across. His guys on the ground were more than happy to tell him they could see the stars above them. He then appropriated a headset and forcibly removed the comm cord from one of our loadmasters. At this point, he began to lambast us, wondering why the we were telling him we couldn't get into the drop zone due to weather.

Needless to say, I see the aircrews point. (And that's not the only story I can tell like that.) However, my earlier comment was directed at the pilots on that blog saying, basically, "You don't know how hard my job is." It comes across (to me) as whining. I've seen people do hard work, and I don't think flying high-level from A to B in a permissive environment with first-class support from ATC and dispatch (not to mention avionics that were made in the past 10 years) generally fits into that category, especially in a domestic (i.e. non-international) setting. Granted, it may get sporty from time to time, but the comments seem a little dramatic to me.
    Last edited by Herknav; November 25th, 2007 at 06:06 AM.

I completely understand the point you were trying to make, for some unknown reason, pilots make it seem like it SO hard to control an aircraft, but at the same time, when the pilot climbs aboard a commercial airline, he take most of the responsibility for the entire crew and passenger compliment, therefor its his way or the highway, hence the superiority complex,with that being said, Iphone brought this upon themselves and should be mad to think their commercial through BEFORE airing them.

Semper Fi!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarryingMarine View Post
    I completely understand the point you were trying to make, for some unknown reason, pilots make it seem like it SO hard to control an aircraft...
    If you have never controlled an aircraft landing in a gusting 30 knot crosswinds, faced rain that pummelled the aircraft, encountered turbulence that knocks the fillings out of your teeth, or seen St. Elmo's skittering across your windscreen, landing in snow covered runways, landing with visibility 1800 feet while moving at 200 feet per second, losing one of two engines right after takeoff, or having to divert to an unknown airport because wanna-be pilots...because they learned how flying Microsoft...then, like brain surgeons...you can not possibly understand.

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links