Fred Thompson "beautiful day in paradise"

This is a discussion on Fred Thompson "beautiful day in paradise" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know if this story's been posted. So forgive me if it has. A couple of months ago, I didn't like any of my ...

Thread: Fred Thompson "beautiful day in paradise"

I don't know if this story's been posted. So forgive me if it has. A couple of months ago, I didn't like any of my choices. Now I'm down to 3 or 4 that I can't decide between.
    http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...=3.14.1&sflg=1

CW

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Without getting to far into politics, I keep hoping he gets some traction for a whole host of reasons beyond being the most pro 2nd.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Administrator

Yes, please don't get into general politics.
    Since this Fred story is directly Firearm/Guns related it stays.
    Keep the comments tight on topic to firearms and the RKBA as VS general politics or the thread goes bye-bye.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Good for him! I'm glad to see his FL gun-show appearance wasn't the only one. Now we just need to get him to do a "machine-gun shoot with Fred" fund-raiser.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I like Fred and I will probably vote for him. He is very pro-2A.

But, if he looks like he has a chance of winning, I would vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat over anyone else.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I read about this in the paper this morning. I will have to take a closer look at him before I make a firm decision though. The only thing I have decided is who will not be getting my vote. Maybe this will offer the public a chance to see gun owners in a more positive light.

I saw on the TV that Mike Huckabee was supposed to go skeet shooting today after preaching in a church. He has a concealed pistol license, and is reported to carry a handgun at times.

Wonder if a Thompson & Huckabee ticket would stand a chance?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Isn't it funny how some candidates are showing more than lip service to gun owners, whereas in the past it was a shunned topic? We've often wanted some candidate to be "on our side," well now we have it, and as many gun owners are one issue voters, it is incumbent upon us to pick one of these winners to support. Since we are split among more than one, we will undoubtably split our support, but we at least need to make known that gun owners can and will swing an election.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Isn't it funny how some candidates are showing more than lip service to gun owners, whereas in the past it was a shunned topic? We've often wanted some candidate to be "on our side," well now we have it, and as many gun owners are one issue voters, it is incumbent upon us to pick one of these winners to support. Since we are split among more than one, we will undoubtably split our support, but we at least need to make known that gun owners can and will swing an election.
    It is funny. When idiots like John Kerry go hunting to try to say that they are sportsman and "support" guns you know that the 2A community has become a political force of its own.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links