I somehow turned into my grandad .

This is a discussion on I somehow turned into my grandad . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A couple of threads just made me think ... and on thinking i am my dad or grandad . I find myself listing what i ...

Thread: I somehow turned into my grandad .

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

A couple of threads just made me think ... and on thinking i am my dad or grandad . I find myself listing what i have done and owned to help the " new guy " . then someone disagrees , then i do , then the thread goes to hell . Hey boys and girls , I happen to own , and have shot a lot of guns , be it pistols , sniper rifles , or fine shotguns . I am also over half way thro my life and remember when trading a pistol took up all the disposable income i had . When i was a poorly paid cop we never went hungry but damm the family might have had a tater rich meal or two to support my " needed " gun . Now i am older and there is not much i cannot " afford " ( as long as i stay away from my dual full auto and other " devices " fetish i am good lol ) . The point is not what i have i know , or i own . It is about make yourself and your loved ones safe as best YOU can . Old guys like me are real fast to tell you about bad guns , bad designs heck anything but what we own is bad ... dont buy it . When it comes down to nutt cuttin my kahr or my hk , or my colt dont do a thing your bersa/kel-tec/rhom wont do .

in closing i have to say " May you and yours allways eat steak, Never put the "new gun " ahead of your needs . and then go get taht " new gun " as fast as you can . lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Words of wisdom from someone who's been there. Thanks for the perspective, Redneck.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Dito. Nice post, Redneck.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I know what you mean...personally!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links