Let it snow...

This is a discussion on Let it snow... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just bought snow shoes. Waiting for them to be delivered. Anybody ever use these things? They look fun....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow...

I just bought snow shoes. Waiting for them to be delivered. Anybody ever use these things? They look fun.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I own some snow shoes. what kind did you get? they are basically easy to use , you just walk in em. Steep hills , tight spaced saplings and other obsticles can be difficult.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

yep i have them and enjoy it a lot.
    at first i thought they were not doing much
    then i took one off and stepped into the snow and disappeared to about the top of my head
    my friance was nice enough to pull me out of the millions of feet of snow

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I own some snow shoes. what kind did you get? they are basically easy to use , you just walk in em. Steep hills , tight spaced saplings and other obsticles can be difficult.
    I got some by Tubbs snowshoes. They are called Women's Sojourn, and they are meant for trail walking. They also came with walking poles, which I'll probably need because I'm not that graceful

Here is a picture:

I'm glad to know you both like yours! I'm excited to get mine.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Feel free to send some of the wonderful white stuff down our way, we just got a "new to us" 70 HP 4wd tractor with a front end loader, and a snow blade, It's even got a cab with heat and AC, Now if I can just get my wife to stop playing with it long enough to get some work done. I'm finally ready for it, and we haven't seen a good snow in years, heck, the last couple of winters hardly even got cold for more than a few days at a time.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Hey, you're in the snowbelt compared to us. We haven't even had any (really good) rain in that length of time.....
    What are these snow and rain things you guys are talking about?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I got some by Tubbs snowshoes. They are called Women's Sojourn, and they are meant for trail walking. They also came with walking poles, which I'll probably need because I'm not that graceful

Here is a picture:

I'm glad to know you both like yours! I'm excited to get mine.
    Looks like a decent set of shoes. I use the old style Huron shaped shoes. They are longer , but hold alot more weight (useful for winter camp trips). Trekking poles are nice to help steady you while shoeing.
    Here is a a second use of my shoes while out winter camping a few years back.
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yeah, tell me about it. 70mph winds the other night. Shoveling the 2 feet of slop at the apron of the driveway is fun. Of course the first house my wife and I buy is on a corner that is 50ft of sidewalk and then 120ft of sidewalk on the other end. I have to park between my house and the building next door. Plenty of room but I have to clear off my Blazer while my wife's go-cart with a windshield (Kia Spectra) gets the garage (1-stall).

Was surprised no accidents. Usually the first real one of the season is when everybody remembers how to drive in snow.

10 inches down, 290 more to go! How I love the Copper Country.

Lead Moderator
    Lots of accidents here the last two days. I talked with a few troopers tonight, they have been busy on the roads.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Here is a picture:

Florida Snowshoes

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Snow down to 300 ft here, may get a dusting tonight, I am at 197ft. They were saying parts of Seattle could get some. We have strange air currents here, so some parts get snow and others get none.

VIP Member
    I prefer the rain

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Looks like a decent set of shoes. I use the old style Huron shaped shoes. They are longer , but hold alot more weight (useful for winter camp trips). Trekking poles are nice to help steady you while shoeing.
    Here is a a second use of my shoes while out winter camping a few years back.
    Thanks for the picture. I was thinking about getting some old-school snowshoes like those. They are like the ones Charles Bronson wore in that movie "Death Hunt".

@Miggy----- Florida snowshoes!

Nice one

Lead Moderator

More MI snow

We are still getting hit with snow here. Gotta love N. MI. Heres one of my truck , shortly After having cleaned it off and blowing the driveway clean. Guess I can take the porch furniture in too.
    Attached Images

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

As much as I hate snow, it's preferable to the freezing rain that's forecast here tonight and tomorrow morning!
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links