Yet another work question...YAY!!!

This is a discussion on Yet another work question...YAY!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I have a question...I need advice... I work for a small tech company. I am a sales guy. I am the first full time, ...

Thread: Yet another work question...YAY!!!

Yet another work question...YAY!!!

So I have a question...I need advice...

I work for a small tech company. I am a sales guy. I am the first full time, sales ONLY guy. Everyone else here "wears many hats" so to speak. I took this job out of desperation due to a massive layoff at my former employer. I have been with this company for about 5 months now. It turns out that I REALLLLLY like the job now.

I am paid $30K base salary plus they pay for 100% of my insurance for my wife and I (thats about $8K to $12K if you think about it).

When I first got hired they did not have a commission plan setup due to the fact that this was an entirely new position. The Pres and VP were doing all the sales, and its pretty much now all on me. I am fine with that.

I have asked several times for my commission plan and they have yet to get it to me as they have been "extremely busy." Which in their defense, they have. We have a lot of changes happening and I am patient. Additionally, we have a rather long sales cycle (6 months to 1yr+).

I am starting to get VERY frustrated that they have not given me my commission plan...I mean...come on...it cant take more than an hour to figure out...

Fellow gun lovers...How do you suggest that I go about asking/demanding my commission plan?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Often times employees show up with a problem to be solved, other employees show up with a problem AND a solution.

If they're too busy to design your commission plan, why don't you work up about 3 different commission plans that would suit you and be fair for the company. Give them your plans and ask for their input.

Good luck
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Is this a related question?

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Often times employees show up with a problem to be solved, other employees show up with a problem AND a solution.

If they're too busy to design your commission plan, why don't you work up about 3 different commission plans that would suit you and be fair for the company. Give them your plans and ask for their input.

Good luck
    I agree. The initiative and fairness of the various plans you would propose would give you a possibility that they would choose the best one for you. The greater the demands on your performance as an incentive for higher pay is in your best interest. Also consider bonus incentives for exceeding performance goals.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mfitzwater View Post
    Is this a related question?
    Related to what?

This is the Off Topic forum, after all. Threads started here don't necessarily have to concern concealed carry or firearms as long as they are in good taste and otherwise conform to the forum rules.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Thanks for the advice thus far...I am creating a few comp plan ideas and I am going to show them to the boss man on Monday.

Thanks all!!!

I agree, but make sure you look them over closely and perhaps have someone else knowledgeable in your field and/ or sales (whom you trust) double check you before you present them. Be careful what you ask for, because you may get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post

Good luck
    Excellent idea - make them all reasonable, fair, and result in a "Win" for you and the company.

As part of the pitch - have "Pro & Cons" for each and a "Table" of comparisons too.

Links