This one takes the cake!

This is a discussion on This one takes the cake! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Every time something comes up that makes me think "Now, I've seen it all", some other exhibition of a total lack of common sense jumps ...

Thread: This one takes the cake!

This one takes the cake!

Every time something comes up that makes me think "Now, I've seen it all", some other exhibition of a total lack of common sense jumps out to prove that I was wrong.

While following a link in another post to a video about a shooting, another video caught my eye and I followed it to see what it was about. You've really got to see this to believe it.
    KHARTOUM, Sudan - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, protested Friday outside the presidential palace in Khartoum, demanding the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad."
    The article that the above is taken from can be seen here. If you launch the video at the provided link, there are several video links about this incident that can be viewed from the same location. Just another one of those things that makes you realize, even with all her faults, how lucky we are to live in these United States of America.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    It should be interesting to see how long this thread stays active.

Threads like this are called DefensiveCarry Moderator Food.

Well, originally I thing she was sentenced to get 40 lashes (which is actually quite a severe punishment since that does flay the skin open) but, now I think she is just getting 15 days in prison.

In my opinion she is not much of a teacher as far as being smart is concerned.
    She could have avoided all of this by just saying that the bear was actually named Moe Hammud.
    She could have run out and bought two more teddybears and named them Larry Hammud & Curly Hammud.

QKShooter,
    I apologize if I've broken a forum rule by posting about this. I looked at other thread titles in the "Off Topic & Humor Discussions" section before I posted and didn't think this was any more off topic than dozens of other posts, but if I've done something wrong, please delete the post. I found the article interesting because while our 2nd amendment rights seem to be under constant attack, we tend to ignore how much the other items in our Bill of Rights have been expanded by the courts. I simply found it amazing that the mere name given to a teddy bear could result in a conviction, 15 days in prison and deportation. Let alone the demonstrations calling for her execution.

Sorry if I've done anything wrong.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Good Point!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It should be interesting to see how long this thread stays active.

Threads like this are called DefensiveCarry Moderator Food.

Well, originally I thing she was sentenced to get 40 lashes (which is actually quite a severe punishment since that does flay the skin open) but, now I think she is just getting 15 days in prison.

In my opinion she is not much of a teacher as far as being smart is concerned.
    She could have avoided all of this by just saying that the bear was actually named Moe Hammud.
    She could have run out and bought two more teddybears and named them Larry Hammud & Curly Hammud.

Great point, she already should have known the potential problems..."When in Rome..."

A jail sentence over there...a child rapist here gets probation...I don't get it.

And just why shouldn't we fear these extreme Muslim wacko's?

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    These are the same types of people who execute a woman who was raped for being in a compromising position, and sentence the rapists to relatively short prison terms. I'm beginning to believe that the whole area should be nuked to glass.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I'll reserve comment. That alone should say what it needs to.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Senior Moderator
    Just now beggining?

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links