Do you miss a vehicle?

This is a discussion on Do you miss a vehicle? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gotta be the first new vehicle I ever owned, 1972 Datsun 240Z. The only problem was being 21 at the time insurance was almost as ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you miss a vehicle?

VIP Member
    Gotta be the first new vehicle I ever owned, 1972 Datsun 240Z. The only problem was being 21 at the time insurance was almost as much as the car payment, but Sunoco 260 cost 31 cents a gallon. I did have to add a front spoiler to it, seems the front end got really light above 125, back then on I75 the Florida Highway Patrol would just signal you to slow down if the traffic was light, today even 15 over the speed limit can get your license pulled.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    In my young age(21 years old) I've had an array of highly desireable cars. First car was a '71 Chevelle ,...but I don't miss that as much as the 1976 Ford F250. My dad always said he'd give it to me. I always remeber him driving me home from grandmas,where I'd hang out after school. It has a 400ci v8, 2bbl carb, 3 speed c5 trans (I believe!?!?) dad had these huge dual exhaust put on it, some kind of hand made "cow pusher" thing on the front....sigh. Sold her this year, sat and sat,never got around to it. Rust was getting the better part of her.

I'd be tore the (censored) up if anything ever happened to my "Amy" . '00 Acura Integra GS, ...modified,of course. I'm able to cut a 14.7 in the 1/4 mile,and still manage to drive her everyday getting 28-32mpg pending on how I drive.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5. Customized for off-road running - had to sell since it wasn't practical to keep for everyday use. But it sure would go in the mud!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dhbry232; December 4th, 2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added another pic.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Angry

Here's my rant

'79 Z-28 that I bought in '86.

The body was still in immaculate condition. I rebuilt the engine (372 HP at the wheels ) and made the hood scoop functional. I had the transmission rebuilt. I rebuilt the front suspension with urethane bushings throughout. While I was in Desert Shield/Storm/Calm, my wife had the interior reupholstered and recarpetted. The only thing left to do was the rear axle/suspension.

When I went TDY to MS in '91, I left the car back in CA with my wife. It was sitting in our driveway (single car garage with no room in it) and someone stole it. Got a whole $900 from the full coverage insurance.

I got a call about a year later from LEO saying they found my car. Come to find out, it was a neighbor about 2 blocks away. He put the car in neutral and pushed it to his house into his fenced back yard. Stripped it for parts. The LEO said it was in 3 big piles (interior, body, and drivetrain).

Damn, I miss that car.

VIP Member
    Jeep cherokee Chief late 70's

B52
    I miss my 98 Jeep Wrangler, it was lifted with 33" BFG's. I had to trade it in for a minivan because the wife was pregnant with multiples. Well three kids later I am still driving the van, but I keep telling my wife when ever I get enough money I will buy another project Jeep or old Toyota Landcruiser. One day gents, I will regain my pride-and-joy!

JD
    Administrator
    If I want to see a real sick look, I can always ask my father-in-law about his GTO Judge that he traded away for a washer, dryer and some $$$ that his firend later painted purple and wrapped around a tree.

Administrator
    My dad had a Judge too. He also had a 65 Mustang... oh what he wouldnt give to have those cars now. His friend has a roadrunner that he kept all this time, its nice! I'm not sure what year it is, but its the older, boxier style.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I miss three of the vehicles I have had in the past.

The first was an '88 Chevy C1500 1/2ton short bed with an inline six, three 'on the tree', no power anything. That, to me, was one sexy truck.

The next was an '88 Chevy K5 Blazer. With a 350 about the only thing it wouldn't pass was a gas station. Perched up on 33's I could take it just about anywhere around here without a problem. Had to get rid of her because she just needed to much maintenance, the amount of torque it had would fry transmissions and snap U-joints like they were made from paper machete. Plus at 9 miles to the gallon 9 (or was it 9 gallons to the mile?) and a 37gal tank, I would be in the poor house just keeping her fed.

The last vehicle that I can say that I really miss is my old '88 Jeep Wrangler. With four angry squirrels under the hood she had absolutely no power at all, but even in stock trim I was following guys with 30's and 32's everywhere they would go. BTW, square headlights rule!!

I had great plans for both the Blazer and the Wrangler, but money, time and a family life just kept getting in the way. One day I will get another Jeep and do the things that I wanted to do to the old purple YJ (hence the screen name).
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I miss my 1971 fire bird had 300 ponies with 4 speed that was awesome in
    the hands of a teenager.I look back amid say I was lucky to survive that car.
    What a sweet ride if you like speed.

Absolutely. I had a 05 Nissan Titan for a little over a year. I sold it after I got married so that other 'needed' bills could be paid. I went to 98 Accord. Its paid for and gets 30 mpg...
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceKeepr View Post
    Absolutely. I had a 05 Nissan Titan for a little over a year. I sold it after I got married so that other 'needed' bills could be paid. I went to 98 Accord. Its paid for and gets 30 mpg...
    Be smart and drive the wheels off that Accord.
    "Just blame Sixto"

1971 Dodge Charger I had in High School and a 1975 CJ-5 with 304 V8 that I purchased in Washington State and sold in North Carolina.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I can't decide between my 1968 Mustang ( Wimbledon white with red interior, 200 cubic inch inline six with a one barrel carb) and the 1978 Camaro Z/28 ( Forest green metalflake with tan interior 350 C.I. V-8 w/a 4bbl carb) I replaced it with.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I owned a black, 1998 Honda Prelude from 2001 - 2004. As another poster stated, "it fit me like a glove" and I loved EVERYTHING about it - the exterior & interior. The previous owner had put leather (not a factory option for '98) and an auto-starter in it before turning it in. Premium fuel and worthless handling even in mild OH winter's made me sell "Nicole" () to maximize it's trade-in for an Acura.

It was the first car that I drove off the lot knowing that I'd eventually have to replace it.

It ALWAYS brought a smile to my face whether I was driving it or ALWAYS turning around and looking at it after I'd parked it at work.

The best car that I 'never' owned but always lusted: 1986-1989 (body style) Oldsmobile Toronado.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links