Do you miss a vehicle?

Do you miss a vehicle?

This is a discussion on Do you miss a vehicle? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We all have guns that we wish we never sold... but how about a vehicle? I've had lots of cars, I think I've got a ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you miss a vehicle?

Administrator

Do you miss a vehicle?

We all have guns that we wish we never sold... but how about a vehicle? I've had lots of cars, I think I've got a new one just about every year. There is only one though that I'm sorry I didnt keep.
    It wasnt my nicest or fastest by far and it didnt have any chicks dig it factor. In fact, I really dont know why I miss it other than it was a simple tough truck.
    I bought a 97 Nissan 4x4 Hardbody while in the Army. It was about as basic as it got, but that thing would go anywhere. I look at the new ones, and yes, they seem a lot nicer but I think I would rather have the basic simple hardbody. I sold it to buy a nicer pickup and that got sold for a new Cobra ... I wish I never did that. That thing would be great to keep around for a winter beater or for trips to Lowes.

How about you guys?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I sold a 79 CJ7 with the AMC 304 and a 4 speed manual. That was a fun vehicle.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my yes ....... way back in the mists of time, 1970 to be precise in UK, I had and loved my '65 Mustang. I had planned to keep it quite some time before selling but Murphy thought otherwise.

One late night something ''went'' on left front suspension it seemed, and sent me into a jack knife type spin which then became also a roll over a few times. Didn't do the car a whole lotta good - well one side anyways

Missed that car ever since - ''forced retirement'' I think we might call it. Here are before and after pics!! (some might have seen them before).

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

What a shame! She was a beauty!! I used to ride around in a '65... loved that car. My dad had a '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme that should have been mine - 'cept my sister wrecked it... sad, sad day for me...

The car I miss the most is probably my '87 Chrysler Laser - that car fit me like a glove!! ahhhhh memories...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

VIP Member
    '72 Le Mans convertible, in great shape (mostly), sweetest Spring Break Daytona cruiser ever... Got sold out from under me when I went to college!!!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I had an 86 IROC back in 2000ish. Everyone told me it was a hoopty, but I called a classic. My current car gets 30mpg, but that car had juevos.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I miss my 1967 Datsun, as it was truly one of the first 'compact' cars. I drove it in high school twenty years after it was made. It ran on regular gas and could suck 100 miles out of a gas-soaked cottonball.

I don't miss my other cars, but I regret selling my 1959 Panhead when money got really tight after college. I'll never let myself off the hook for saying goodbye to a classic Harley.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I parted with a '71 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser. Noisy, rough ride and no speed machine but better in the back country than anything I've seen since.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I had an 86 IROC back in 2000ish
    That's funny, I sold mine in '99.

To keep on topic, no vehicles missed. Variety is the spice of life (and I don't have the necessary funds to collect vehicles, yet).
    --Drive it like you stole it.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    Oh man Chris... thats a heartbreaker. I'm a Mustang guy, and have had several over the years. I'd love to find a 65 like yours (before you got done with it).
    If I had that car, I'm sure it would top my most missed list.

One of my current vehicles, an 06 Mazda speed6, is going to be missed when it goes. That car is speedy and looks like your typical sporty family sedan... the turbo charger says different.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I miss my art car

Two years ago my 1981 Honda Prelude named Priscilla 101 reached the point of diminished return. Priscilla 101was hand painted by myself. I chose not to invest anymore funds into the rolling art project and donated it to Cars4Kids.org. I was planning on donating my car to the Art Car World, art car museum in Douglas, AZ but I did not have the means to transport it down to Douglas. I am currently working on a new car named Kinetosis.

I've had alot of vehicles as well and the top three I miss in order of ownership;

'83 Chevrolet Chevette coupe w/ 4spd. aka 'Betsy'
    '92 Subaru SVX LSi aka 'Celeste'
    '04 Subaru STi aka 'She-Hulk'

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Cool

I've owned quite a few, but the one I truely miss the most is my 81' Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2-dr. She was 2-tone metalic sandstone and had a "quick" 305 4bbl, buckets/console, custom ET Turbine Aluminum rims w/15" General 2000 white letters, tinted windows, bra and a kick-ass Kenwood system.
    And what upsets me the most is that when I got married and we "melded" all of our combined crap.....I can't find ANY pics of her anywheres!
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Mine most missed car has to be:

1981 Buick regal. White/white vinyl top, blue interior. I had her from 1996 to july of 1997. I had the new vinyl top and paint job done and a new headliner, new chrome trim all the way around with my hard earned cash. I also had a new carb, brakes, gas tank put in. She ran and looked great. She had the non-turbo V6, 231ci(I think that right) In july it just turned over to 81K.

Then one day in July I went to return some cans. Middle of the afternoon, I was only in the store maybe 30minutes. I returned to the parking lot to find her stolen.

That is one car that I would love to get back.

VIP Member
    I had a 1969 Dodge Charger (yes....it had the HEMI!)......lost it when a drunk hit me head on!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links