Boy Scouts Robbed At Gunpoint At Tree Lot

This is a discussion on Boy Scouts Robbed At Gunpoint At Tree Lot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As reported by WLWT: Boy Scouts Robbed At Gunpoint At Tree Lot Father, Son Hit By Robbers At Tree-Selling Site POSTED: 6:53 am EST December ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As reported by WLWT:

Father, Son Hit By Robbers At Tree-Selling Site

POSTED: 6:53 am EST December 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:19 am EST December 4, 2007

NORTH COLLEGE HILL -- North College Hill police are looking for three men who robbed a pair of Boy Scouts and their fathers late Monday.

The Boy Scouts, age 13 and 11, were selling Christmas trees in the parking lot of Tom's Drive Thru on West Galbraith Road shortly before closing at 9 p.m. when the men approached, one carrying a sawed-off shotgun.

"I was hit in the cheek, once in the ear and once when they knocked me down. My head hit the blacktop. My son got hit in the cheek and the other gentleman got hit a couple times in the face," John Hancock said.

Police said the men took about $300 from the Scouts. The tree sale is a fundraiser for their troop.

"I don't care what they did to me. But because they had the audacity to point a gun and attack the children, these people need to be put away. As far as I'm concerned, they should be dead," Hancock said.

No one was seriously hurt.

The three men were last seen fleeing the area on foot. A police dog tracked them for a time, but lost the scent.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 352-3040.

The story with video interview of one of the dads can be found at; http://www.wlwt.com/news/14768018/detail.html

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Yeah i just saw this on fox news.

Speechless---- Actually I'm not but I would get banned if my inner voice came out!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Who would put money on the robbers living through more than one robbery in TX...?

I live in Texas send them on down I would love to visit with them

sickening

I am glad no one was hurt. But this is a sad time when folks are robbing boy scouts.

It would be a tough call as to what to do if I were one of the men there. Me with a pistol vs guy with sawed off shotgun, and several other men and children around. I don't know if I could start a firefight with my or someone else's kid possibly taking a shotgun blast.

Maybe it is best that they got the 300 bucks and hope that the police get them and lock them up.

Tough call. But sad situation.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Administrator
    This is in part of my playground... NCH has gone downhill over the years, it was once a really nice place to live. I'm sure I will be part of the group that is tasked to find these guys... I hope so anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Farron,

I'd give up the cash no problem.
    I'd say to them here you go have the cash box and I tell you what why don't you take my wallet with it's bits of right now useless to me and easy to replace plastic and what ever other bits of metal and paper I might have in there.

Why?

Because my life, and my boys life, and the lives of my fellow man and his boy are worth alot more to me and society at large than $300 bucks and some bits of plastic, metal, and printed paper from the US Treasury.
    Now if they the hyena won't take that offering or they wish to get greedy or worse froggy and want to jump, well then thats when it's do or die time.
    I personally will not take a mans life for $300 nor will I trade mine or some others for same.

BTW below is a situation very similar that occurred last summer...

As reported last June by KOTV

Youth Pastor Shoots Man During Attack
    AP - 6/25/2007 9:59 AM - Updated 6/25/2007 6:24 PM

Pastor Charles Donnelly

Darnell Gilbert

A preacher shot an 18-year-old man at a church fireworks stand early Sunday morning. The Wagoner Church of Christ had a fireworks stand in Muskogee to raise money for the youth group. The youth pastor and a 17-year-old boy from the church were spending the night in the tent to make sure nothing would be stolen. The News On 6’s Emory Bryan reports the pastor says he would shoot again if confronted with the same situation.

At 3 a.m. Sunday morning, Youth Pastor John Donnelly had a decision to make.

"I pulled my weapon and did what I needed to do," he said.

Pastor Donnelly and a member of his church youth group were guarding the fireworks stand early Sunday morning when at least five teenagers approached and started demanding some fireworks. The pastor says he tried to make them go away, then two of them starting fighting with the teenager from his church.

“At that point, it was to protect him, to me it appeared they were still chasing him out of the tent,” said Pastor John Donnelly.

Donnelly has a permit to carry a concealed weapon and is a former reserve police officer. He says in five years of selling fireworks he's never had any trouble, but he's always been there to guard it overnight.

“They'll steal you blind if you leave your stand unguarded, unprotected, they'll break in, tear doors off or cut into the tent to get in,” Donnelly said.

Donnelly fired three shots and one hit 18-year-old Darnelle Gilbert. He was hit in the chest and is recovering at a hospital. Muskogee Police tracked him to a nearby apartment.

After the shooting the church closed the fireworks stand and doesn't plan to reopen it. The youth group was using the stand to raise money for a summer trip, but now they'll have to find another way.

Muskogee Police say the shooting appears to be a clear case of self defense, and they're still looking for some of the suspects.

"We have six in custody and three more who we are looking for at this time," said Muskogee Police Officer Brad Holt.

All of the suspects are 17 and under, other than the one who was shot.

The teenager assaulted in the tent is recovering too, he had a couple of teeth knocked loose in the fight.

Watch the video: Pastor Involved In Shooting Speaks

WEB EXTRA: Extended Interview With Pastor John Donnelly

Related Story:

6/24/2007 Pastor Opens Fire After Teen Church Member Is Assaulted

The story can be found at; http://kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130196
    Hyena are everywhere and anywhere at any given time, as are sheepdogs too. :D

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Its a sad world we live in.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    the men approached, one carrying a sawed-off shotgun.
    Hey, I thought sawed-off shotguns were illegal. Don't gun laws work anymore? We must need some new ones...

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This is in part of my playground... NCH has gone downhill over the years, it was once a really nice place to live. I'm sure I will be part of the group that is tasked to find these guys... I hope so anyway.
    I hope you find 'em. Maybe they'll resist...

I hate a thief.
    What, me worry?

The Scout mottoe is "Be Prepared." I'm thinking they should start packing heat. Right after they get thier Toten 'chit card that allows them to use a knife.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

No mercy...get 'em...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    The Scout mottoe is "Be Prepared." I'm thinking they should start packing heat. Right after they get thier Toten 'chit card that allows them to use a knife.
    I think they need a "Totin' Heat" chit....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

They find these peckerwoods yet? Need to hangem by their ...err uh...yeah... No wait! I forgot... They must not have any. They had to rob Boy Scouts...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links