A story about a dog and drug raid...

This is a discussion on A story about a dog and drug raid... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a funny story about "attack" dogs. One time in a undisclosed location at an undisclosed time, I took part in a raid of a ...

Thread: A story about a dog and drug raid...

Administrator

A story about a dog and drug raid...

Just a funny story about "attack" dogs.

One time in a undisclosed location at an undisclosed time, I took part in a raid of a home that was very active with the sales of cocaine. This home had three dogs, only one we knew about ahead of time.

I was the first man through the door, trusty P220 in hand. In the entry way, I was attacked by the smallest beaglish dog I've ever seen. The thing was nasty mean, and pissed off. He latched onto my boot, and would not let go. His bite didnt hurt at all, and shooting him never even crossed my mind. (I love dogs) The dog went for a ride as I moved through the house, latched onto my boot and growling the whole way. The entry team stacked up behind me was laughing the entire time as we cleared the home, and a few wanted to shoot the dog for me, I wouldnt allow it. I finally got the dog off me when I reached a porch area, and locked up in on the porch and moved on.
    We got to a back room, and found the "protection". One rott. was sleeping on a sofa, only looking up when we entered the room... and he layed his head right back down. Another younger one was hiding behind the same sofa, scared out of his mind. After the house was secure, I brought the rotts outside and secured them in a pen in the yard.
    The boss met me outside, and asked about the dog attack. Someone told him I got bit and he assumed it was one of the rotts that got me. I played along until the medics and team doc tried to remove my boot to treat my "wounds".

The dogs owner said they paid big bucks for their attack dogs, and the beagle was some pos (their words) that the wife picked up from a shelter... I didnt have the heart to tell them what dog was the better protector.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 5th, 2007 at 09:02 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Maybe all that cocaine has gotten to their brains and they are just to stupid to know a good dog when they have one. Glad no one shot the beagle.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

hahahahaha
    i love rotties. cant wait till i can get one

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Hahaha! That sounds like my 12lbs terrier! Mean and nasty, but hes only so big so he can only do so much damage

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Hahaha! That sounds like my 12lbs terrier! Mean and nasty, but hes only so big so he can only do so much damage
    I now have a JRT that is the same way. He's curled up next to me snoozing right now. He thinks he is about 175#'s.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ha! Our rottie is a big sweety too (and she was a very abused rescue too).

Of course, I wouldn't advocate you try to climb through our bedroom window in the middle of the night.... ;-)

Hope the rotts found a better home.

-john

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Those little dog's with 'big dog attitudes' are the one that seem to cause the most discontent. Those cute little poodles are the meanest alarm systems.

A rottie just rolling over during a breech........that's funny.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Was reading an article once by the founder of the war dog program of the US Army. He was commenting on the attributes of various breeds. After the usual run down on all the bigger breeds he said something like this about terriers.

Never underestimate small terriers. They're fast, smart and tenacious. Once aroused to action they can be very hard for their adversary to avoid. While they may not be "man stoppers" they can do a dandy job of slowing one down. In fact I think it's great fun watching a mad terrier against an equally mad man. Try as he might the man will kick and grab and just keep getting nicked and bit for his efforts while the dog just keeps moving out of harms way and then streaking in for more!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Thats freakin' funny. But i can't say it suprises me. Give a trained killer to an untrained guy who treats him like a pet, pretty soon you have a really expensive pet.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Hope the rotts found a better home.

-john
    They did. There is a bull breed rescue farm near by... we use them all the time. They will house the dogs until the court gives them back to the owner, or is ordered to stay at the farm. I've visited the place before, just to see where we are sending the dogs. It really is a nice place, I'd want to live there if I was a dog.
    They live out their days on the farm, or until they are adopted out. Most of them do get adopted that can be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Give a trained killer to an untrained guy who treats him like a pet, pretty soon you have a really expensive pet.
    I wouldn't count on a BG to treat their animal well. And I hardly think the dogs got any 'training', probably in any way -- certainly not in any good way.

OK, so I'm going into an area where I'm certainly no expert, but as I understand it, guard training is not really about 'attacking' but control. The big thing is to turn *off* the attack in mid adrenalin rush and contrary to instinct.

I've seen some videos of police dog competitions and it is amazing the amount of control if you understand their instincts. They simply must be able to turn it off on command.

An aggressive dog, one that is *inclined* to act aggressively, probably isn't going to make a very good guard dog and it isn't going to make a good pet.

I guess I don't see a BG necessarily building a good bond with their dog either. Personally, I thing a good bond is more likely to result in protective behavior than any misguided 'training'.

As an aside, one thing I've started to think about rotties is they seem to be able to shrug off abuse. If I had been through what my dog has been, I don't think I'd be a very nice person.

-john

Administrator
    I dont these these rotties were abused at all... just the opposite if anything.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links