Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

This is a discussion on Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That's just awesome! I think that, had I been that customer, and having already made a near-total fool of myself, I would have felt downright ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    That's just awesome!

I think that, had I been that customer, and having already made a near-total fool of myself, I would have felt downright COMPELLED to complete that journey by asking, "Are you single?"

LoL

2. Remove Ads

Wilson gleamed in all of his stunning glory sporting his dashingly Wicked Grips
    That line cracked me up.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    On rare occasions I get to be the lucky soul who some poor schmuck tries to impress.
    "Thanks, but I've got my own."
    Once again, Well done Lima. Those two above sum it all up quite nicely. Thanks, I needed my morning laugh.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

There are only two kinds of stories.
    There are fairy tales and war stories.
    A fairy tale starts out, "once upon a time".
    A war story starts out, "no s**t, this really happened!"
    I like war stories and this one is a really really good one.
    Limatunes wins the battle!
    Hooaah!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

LOL....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Lead Moderator
    Simultaneously I pulled my Ka-Bar from its sheath on my left hip and my Kershaw from my right pocket and said, "Thanks, but I've got my own."
    You're SO bad!! Keep up the good work!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I notice the Wilson was in the safe...not in his normal home. i take that to mean your situation hasn't changed...you're stuck in a victim disarment zone in all places a dang gun shop

good story...I've seen something like that in person at a gun show with a AR15..it's awsome each and every time it happens
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Administrator

Talking

Hummmmm.... At what exact point should he have just shut his trap and admitted defeat?

He should have absolutely kept quiet right after he laid eyes on the Spanky New Wicked Grips.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Open mouth, insert foot, CHOMP
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

That story is priceless! Keep up the good work, Lima.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post

Seriously, way to go Lima. Last I heard, the lecherous old man was pulling your sweater up and yelling at you for having a gun. I take it that's changed? Or are you employed elsewhere? The only thing that causes me to squirm is that you handed over Wilson to a total stranger. Now you don't have a gun, and what's to stop him from dropping it or...? If the boss wants to sell Wilsons, he needs to put some in the display case.

Love your spunk girl!

I can carry to and from work but I have to unload and disarm once I get in the building and put my gun in the safe. I usually keep my ammo on me so if I need to I can grab any full size 1911, insert mag and rack slide and have a gun.

It's no substitute for having Wilson on me, but it's better than calling for help anyway.

As far as handing over Wilson to a stranger is concerned... The guy had a loaded Springfield stuck in his waistband. If he had nefarious intentions he probably would have acted on them already.

As far as dropping Wilson is concerned? Wilson is a carry gun. He already has battle scars from his role in my life and it adds character to him. He's a pretty gun for sure, but I wouldn't flip out if he were dropped (eh hem, again).

well written lima.
    i have gotten that stuff my whole life.
    my freshman year of high school i was huge into rock climbing. i went to the local gym about as often as i go to the range now, probably more.
    every time i saw a group of huge muscular guys walk in, i had to grin, because i knew exactly what would happen.
    now picture a group of some of the most muscular guys you have ever seen, standing next to me, a scrawny little freshman. you get the picture.
    these guys would muscle their way up most of the climbing walls in the gym.
    then they got to 'the roof'. this is the (second) hardest wall in the gym (as far as using the entire wall, no the routes). they would all look at and talk about how they will make it to the top, but once they got upside down, it didnt matter how muscular they were, they just couldnt move.
    after watching them for a little while, i would come up to them and politely ask if they would like some pointers (as they are hanging upside down, now starting to shake). almost every single time, one or all of them would burst into laughter. as soon as that happened, i would scurry up the wall next to them (not tied in as long as the owner wasnt there) using the little holds, since they were gripped to the huge ones. and hang there like a monkey explaining how to move and shift their position, so that they would rely less on their muscles and such. i would do some calmly and respectfully, as i would any beginner. but of course they would not be listening because their jaws were hanging on the floor.
    what im trying to get at here, is not simply that it is fun to make fun of guys who think the know it all, or can do it all, and underestimate you, but as a lesson. dont assume that you are the best, ever. cuz your not.
    whenever you make a comment, simply because you want to sound smart, believe me, you sound just that much more like an idiot.
    and also, never underestimate anyone.

i also of course get this ALL the time at the range, especially when a group of frat boys come in. they see the big shirt that says safety officer on my back, and dont think a thing of it. even after i help them correct their grip, stance, sight alignment, breathing, etc. they still tell me that its the gun, until i take it, shoot 3 holes into the x, and hand it back to them, as say 'now, uncross your thumbs and relax them.'

Funny story!

As a 'man' approaching a tiny gal in a gun/tool store...I have to tell you that I 'resemble' that remark.

But now, at our local gun shop, the wife, of the 'husband/wife co-ownership gun shop, is the one I ask any info about potential purchases, or problems...she knows it all! The husband is a pretty sharp guy, but he still asks his wife about the tough questions...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    Priceless - priceless .............

And did I say - priceless

Lima once more has excelled with her abilities as raconteur - kudos young lady - I have increased chuckle creases from that

Simultaneously I pulled my Ka-Bar from its sheath on my left hip and my Kershaw from my right pocket and said, "Thanks, but I've got my own."
    Oh my - wonderful - I can almost see it ... sweet Thx Lima.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    As far as handing over Wilson to a stranger is concerned... The guy had a loaded Springfield stuck in his waistband. If he had nefarious intentions he probably would have acted on them already.
    I would have loved to see this guy reach for the Springfield with nefarious intentions only to suddenly realize that he has a Ka-Bar blade going in the front of his throat passing through the esophagus, through this spinal column, and out the back of his neck. He would have to notice real quick because about the time the blade went out the back of his neck his noticing ability would have ceased.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links