Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter - Page 3

Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

This is a discussion on Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Since I don't look like a gun guy, I find that the girl behind the counter is more likely to treat me nicer then the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

Since I don't look like a gun guy, I find that the girl behind the counter is more likely to treat me nicer then the ultra-macho guy behind the counter.

Always funny though to see the macho guy get put in his place.

That geta a A plus, I compete with many women i do not under estimate them at all. They can shoot as well as any man can.
    S/F Vic

I'll share one my dad loved to tell that I'm sure Lima can appreciate. My father was building a govt office center in New England back in the seventies. It had the latest thing in high tech central steam heating with new fangled computer controls. The union steam fitters and boilermen were having nothing but troubles with the system and couldn't get it to run right. So they called in the companies expert on the system. Everyone pretty much expected an old hard bitten, cigar chewin', freely cussin' steam engineer with the experience to make this new fangled mess run.

What they got was a 4'10" female in her late twenties dressed in very feminine business attire. Dad said you could of heard a pin drop when she showed up to consult with the ol' union boys on what was wrong with her companies system. After looking around a minute she excused herself for the ladies room. Well, all hell broke loose as the crew started in on my dad how they were NOT lettin' some wet behind the ears little FEMALE college kid tell THEM anything about boilers and steam!

She returned in a well used set of steam fitters coveralls and dad said she gave the local experts the education of a lifetime over the next two hours. She had grown up with a father who was an old time steam engineer who had made the transition to running his own manufacturing company with all the latest technology. She had been daddies little shadow from the time she was born and had done just about every job related to steam along the way. She had a high pressure steam engineers ticket and an engineering degree to boot. She was also a pure professional who didn't need any bodies help and knew how to identify and correct all the screw ups the old timers had made because they thought they new better than the manufacturer how to set up the system.

Dad said it took them a while after she'd left to figure out that they'd just had a very polite and thorough reaming about not following engineering directions. He said it was a beautiful thing to watch all those rough, tough fitters and boiler men trying not to stare, cuss, and discover they'd screwed the works all at the same time while this "little bit of fluff" handed it out....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Being married to a Petitte taught me that you do not mess with them. Mrs. Miggy is the one in charge of our finances because she is good handling the money and that comes from her years working at a finance company. My favorite times to see her in action is when we shop for a car. We go together and the sales rep always makes the mistake of ignoring her because there is a GUY (me) present. I do my part of checking the vehicle, talking about the specs, extras, test drive it, etc. But when we go to the sales Rep's desk the roles change and it is hilarious to see their faces when they start telling me about financing and extra charges, I stop them, point to Mrs. Miggy and tell them she is the one in charge of the negotiations. She waits for them to show their hand and the she proceeds to rip their well rehearsed startegy point by point plus getting a rebate on the original price and have a couple of freebies thrown in for good measure.

And yes, she has me on an allowance
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Good read - Lima - I've said it before and I'll say it again...you have good prose.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I would have loved to see this guy reach for the Springfield with nefarious intentions only to suddenly realize that he has a Ka-Bar blade going in the front of his throat passing through the esophagus, through this spinal column, and out the back of his neck. He would have to notice real quick because about the time the blade went out the back of his neck his noticing ability would have ceased.
    My, how wonderfully graphic we are today!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

NDS
    Years ago, when I was a teenager my dad decided I would be responsible for maintaining the trucks and other equipment for his business. I learned then that going to the parts / repair departments the young men working there would always try to impress you with their great knowledge (which was often wrong) and sometimes argue that you needed to use something other than what you actually needed. The women working at these places never did that. They would offer an opinion if asked, but had no attitude and didn't try to prove they were smarter than everyone else.

To this day, if I enter a store where I'll be looking at and comparing items, I'll ask a woman behind the counter for help before I'll ask a man. Normally, I know what I want before I enter the store, and I don't want any behind-the-counter commando telling me what I really want. In my experience women just don't do that.

So, Lima, were I to someday make it to your store, I'd look forward to your assistance with a purchase. And--thanks for the story, it was great.

Great write up Lima! My wife is 6 feet tall, and slender. When we go to gunshows, some of the dealers pull the "here little lady is a .32 that you could probably handle" stuff on her. Now, wife is a supervising RN at a prison, so she tends to take nothin off no one. In a sweet little voice she usually responds "I prefer a .45, comped for competition, or a stubby .357 for serious close-up work." The uh-oh look of confusion is hilarious, and I usually follow her around just to watch!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I would have loved to see this guy reach for the Springfield with nefarious intentions only to suddenly realize that he has a Ka-Bar blade going in the front of his throat passing through the esophagus, through this spinal column, and out the back of his neck. He would have to notice real quick because about the time the blade went out the back of his neck his noticing ability would have ceased.
    My, how wonderfully graphic we are today!
    Thanks, Rick. I could just picture in my mind Lima's reaction to an attempted nefarious action by this guy with his Springfield. We know that Wilson is in the safe and the weapons she has at hand are the Ka-Bar and the Kershaw folder. The folder is slower. If the guy has quick reactions he might even be able to see the USMC on the blade as his life passes before his eyes.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Kudos to you Lima. I'd doff my hat to you, if I wore one.
    Never Again!
    Speak softly and carry a large caliber weapon.

Haha! Great story, I would have paid good money to watch that! :)

SY

Lima, if there wasn't any thing else of importance on this sight I would still come just to read your post.

I find it funny how everyone seems to picture you with a large Kabar when in fact it only has a blade about 3 inches. Now if you did pull out a Marine Corp Ka-bar that would probably send the customers running.

I'm literally LOL here. . Very very well done, I wish there were more like you out there.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Great story Lima!

When I walked into the gun store a while back and saw Lima behind the counter I immediately recognized her from this forum.

I was sure glad she was there to answer some questions and make suggestions about a self-defense/range gun for my wife that could also function as a night stand gun. I knew Lima would have the knowledge about self-defense guns and shooting that the other employees at that establishment don't have, especially woman related.

I don't think they appreciate (or won't admit) what a valuable resource they have in her at that place.

I'm sure glad she's here!
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I find it funny how everyone seems to picture you with a large Kabar when in fact it only has a blade about 3 inches. Now if you did pull out a Marine Corp Ka-bar that would probably send the customers running.
    Yep. I just have my little TDI Ka-Bar...

A big Marine Corps Ka-Bar would be fun though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
    Great story Lima!

When I walked into the gun store a while back and saw Lima behind the counter I immediately recognized her from this forum.

I was sure glad she was there to answer some questions and make suggestions about a self-defense/range gun for my wife that could also function as a night stand gun. I knew Lima would have the knowledge about self-defense guns and shooting that the other employees at that establishment don't have, especially woman related.

I don't think they appreciate (or won't admit) what a valuable resource they have in her at that place.

I'm sure glad she's here!
    Thanks Bob. It was great to meet you too. I enjoyed talking to you or anyone who is willing to have normal gun conversation with a girl.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links