Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter - Page 4

Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

This is a discussion on Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by limatunes Yep. I just have my little TDI Ka-Bar... A big Marine Corps Ka-Bar would be fun though! We do have 3 ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Messing With Customers Is Fun--Never Underestimate the Little Girl Behind the Counter

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Yep. I just have my little TDI Ka-Bar...

A big Marine Corps Ka-Bar would be fun though!
    We do have 3 of them, which one would you like to take in.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    We do have 3 of them, which one would you like to take in.
    Actually, we have five Ka-Bar brand knives!

Three full-size and two TDIs.

How about all five!

G&G
    Thanks Lima. I'm still relatively new to DC.com but I've become a fan of yours and appreciate your insight. Sure would like to have been there.
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

Great story.

You need to write up some scenarios and get with some script writers. A TV sitcom about a woman who works in a gun shop would be much better than most of the things on TV right now. Not only that, you'd have a never ending source of material because there is no shortage of guys like this one.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I think Lima should write a book. I know that I would definately buy it. Good job Lima. Keep up the good work.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

It's odd that so many people consider gender, race, or social status to be more important than the person. Such wrong-headed thinking.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I can carry to and from work but I have to unload and disarm once I get in the building and put my gun in the safe. I usually keep my ammo on me so if I need to I can grab any full size 1911, insert mag and rack slide and have a gun.

It's no substitute for having Wilson on me, but it's better than calling for help anyway.
    I'm glad someone already asked, because I was baffled when you said that you pulled the spare mag off your belt, but then said that Wilson was somewhere else...

***? I don't get it. Why on earth do you have to disarm to work in this gun shop? You clearly have more training and knowledge than the average person. Is there anyone in this gun shop who does carry all the time, to act as some sort of security in case someone comes in trying to do harm or rob the place? And if there is, what's special about him/her, and why don't you qualify?

This is madness! I would have thought that any and every employee in a gun shop would carry--would be implored to carry--unless he or she was a total nincompoop.

What a brute!

Gamers say, "pwned!!1!"

I can carry to and from work but I have to unload and disarm once I get in the building and put my gun in the safe. I usually keep my ammo on me so if I need to I can grab any full size 1911, insert mag and rack slide and have a gun.

It must be tough living on the east coast... In my area of the country, I have NEVER been inside a dedicated gunshop of any kind, size or shape where the staff were not armed. Some staff members may choose not to be armed, but I would say more than 2/3rds of the staff have a loaded pistol strapped on, either OC or Concealed.

You should come to the midwest... excluding Illinois of course.

No slight to you Illinois residents... Just a very anti-gun state.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I just love a limatunes post. Can't get enough of 'em.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Why on earth do you have to disarm to work in this gun shop? You clearly have more training and knowledge than the average person. Is there anyone in this gun shop who does carry all the time, to act as some sort of security in case someone comes in trying to do harm or rob the place? And if there is, what's special about him/her, and why don't you qualify?
    No, there is no one in the shop who is "qualified" to carry.

And there is only one guy in the shop who has probably had more training than me (and I REALLY haven't had that much training). But this poor guy is pushing 80 and gets winded if he stands for too long. Very sweet old man and I'd rather have him on my side than any other person in that shop, but even he's not allowed to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It must be tough living on the east coast...
    Is Virginia considered the east coast? I really don't know, so I'm curious. My shop in Pennsylvania was a LOT more gun friendly than this place is. We couldn't open carry and that was the only restriction (and even that get waved every once in awhile when the presence of a loaded gun might do some good). But down here, no carry in the store... If you are an employee that is.

You Go Girl !!!!!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Lima......

I just love your stories.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

No, there is no one in the shop who is "qualified" to carry.

And there is only one guy in the shop who has probably had more training than me (and I REALLY haven't had that much training). But this poor guy is pushing 80 and gets winded if he stands for too long. Very sweet old man and I'd rather have him on my side than any other person in that shop, but even he's not allowed to carry.

Is Virginia considered the east coast? I really don't know, so I'm curious. My shop in Pennsylvania was a LOT more gun friendly than this place is. We couldn't open carry and that was the only restriction (and even that get waved every once in awhile when the presence of a loaded gun might do some good). But down here, no carry in the store... If you are an employee that is.
    No worries...it's just that odd-ball shop. I don't think I've been in any shops up this way where the employees didn't carry and most of them openly.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Put them on DVD's and I'm a buyer. Nice job.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links