Had to use my gun last night

This is a discussion on Had to use my gun last night within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Friespfrd, I'm glad you wouldn't eat a hemmoroid!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to use my gun last night

Friespfrd, I'm glad you wouldn't eat a hemmoroid!!

2. Remove Ads

Actually, I'm curious about this business of killing 'possums. Are they a pest of some sort? Do they destroy anything? I've never seen the need for it but then again I know next to nuth'n 'bout them critters.

They crap all over my porch and since I don't leave the dog out all night they do eat a bunch of dog food. They also bring in a bunch of fleas and ticks to our property. Actually while they look really mean they are really not a big problem with a bad bite. I've had lots of them in cages and while they snarl I could never get them to bite a glove. I guess the biggest problem with them is they are just a pain in the lawn with their digging and I don't like feeding them. I did know an alirline pilot in Thomasville NC that had a pet opossum. He really loved that critter and it used to ride around on his shoulder. He also owned the local range and had one of the neatest machine guns I've ever shot. An American 180. Kind of a cross between a Thompson and a Vickers with a 177 round drum that shot .22 Long Rifle ammo. He wore a shirt with a sign on it saying "happiness is a warm opposum."
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    You looked at your ex-wife's hemorrhoid...yikes...that must of been true love. LOL

Rick
    Wrong "L" word beat having to look at her mug while ummm..... Come think of it not sure if the other "L" word would be the right word either more like taking care of a necessary function. Like taking a dump
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    I was letting our dog out to do her business before going to bed last night and noticed an intruder near our front porch. We've been having problems with theft lately and I was finally able to put a stop to it.

As I opened the front door I heard a rustle of leaves and branches in the shrubbery by the porch swing. I reached into my pocket and pulled my Bersa Thunder380 CC (for carrying around the house in the evening) and also pulled my flashlight and there he was. One of the biggest, fattest opossums I've ever seen. This opossum has been raiding the dog food bowel for quite some time and was so fat that while trying to waddle away made a noise like a pigs fighting over slop. Before now the opossum has been fast enough to get out of pistol range in the night. Well last night he was not so lucky. I was able to corner him in gap behind the Chinese Boxwood bush and when the flashlight lit up his eyes I was able to put two shots into him and dropped him in his tracks. Actually I could tell I need to do some more practice. The two shots were the result of pulling the double action trigger once and then the short distance of the single action pull caused the gun to go off again. I did get him twice though, which really surprised me with the second shot not being planned.
    Be prepared to get a letter of protest from the Million Marsupial March!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

When the mother of the opossum in question was contacted, she had this to say, "He was such a good opossum. He was just starting to turn his life around, too."
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Have you ever noticed what an opossum can sleep through? Several years ago I neutered one that I thought was playing opossum just to see if it would fake sleeping through it. Sure enough the next morning he was gone but not longer would reproduce.
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Hey Mom look at all the little kittens! Here kitty, kitty, kitty EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!

I love living in the country but the above are the other little problems we have to deal with.

Do like I do, I have a Pack of Coyotes in my swamp, they keep the possum and racoon population in check. Possums keep the coyotes from eating my cats since they multiply so readily. See possums are good for somthing.

Possum - the other yellow meat....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links