Game Finder

Game Finder

This is a discussion on Game Finder within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; GAME FINDER In the hunting paraphanelia I inherited from my father, I was surprised to find this gadget called the Game Finder, made in Hunstville, ...

Thread: Game Finder

Game Finder

GAME FINDER

In the hunting paraphanelia I inherited from my father, I was surprised to find this gadget called the Game Finder, made in Hunstville, Alabama.

The gadget has a plastic case and looks like a flashlight, but the lens is in green opaque and at the rear of the head is an LED window display that will light up to ten small LED lights.

The switch is a wheel on the right side and is also the gain control. This Game finder needs a 9 volt battery to work; the compartment for the battery is located at the rear of the unit.

My unit has a plastic case and is 6 inches long by 2ľ'' wide. It seems that it works by detecting the difference between a normal ambient temperature and the temperature emitted by a warm body, so the unit had to be panned to detect a difference in temperature.

It is my understanding that the Game Finder is used by bow hunters that search for wounded deer. I donít know how well it works at this, but it did show ten lights when used from my tree stand against a group of does that were eating acorns about 60 yards from my location.
    The gadget comes with a camouflaged soft case and a loop for the belt. So far it seems to work as intended-- I just have to find more time to go hunting to see if it can really help to find deer.

Has anyone had any experience with this tool and its performance?

Sincerely,
    Pharaohawk

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've never used one since I see no reason for it. I practice my tracking skills years around using friends and deer. I've never failed in tracking a deer or person; but, I will admit, it will happen.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Like to know how to edit in this forum, the picture hosting site erased my pictures, so here it is the one that goes in my original post.

Looks like a handy tool but they are not legal in Oklahoma. You can use electronic trackers on your arrows but not heat detecting technology. I've got a LE friend with a IR detector and it's pretty cool. You can spot a person in the bushes from 100 yards away. It would be cool for hunting if it was legal here. Like wise you cannot use night scopes. I used to have one but sold it when they changed the law.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Links