UK Bans Samurai Swords: MERGED

This is a discussion on UK Bans Samurai Swords: MERGED within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently, completely robbing victims of the ability to protect themselves with firearms was not effective in reducing gun crime in the UK, much less violent ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Apparently, completely robbing victims of the ability to protect themselves with firearms was not effective in reducing gun crime in the UK, much less violent crime.

Lo and behold, criminals intent on doing violence have found new ways to victimize people. The government, failing to be discouraged by the ineffectiveness of the gun ban, has decided that another ban is the best response to this latest threat.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=13054

VIP Member
    That's just..... stupid.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanwins View Post
    Apparently, completely robbing victims of the ability to protect themselves with firearms was not effective in reducing gun crime in the UK, much less violent crime.

Lo and behold, criminals intent on doing violence have found new ways to victimize people. The government, failing to be discouraged by the ineffectiveness of the gun ban, has decided that another ban is the best response to this latest threat.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=13054
    Australia did this a few years ago...also banned machette's and large knifes. Last I heard the "who needs a pointed steak knife" was started to be talked about. .....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

At least the reporter realized that they will still be accessible to people who want them, just like guns are.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I've got one older katana in WWII 1934 fittings. I'd sure hate to see the government take that away. Anyone can make a sword though just take a lawnmower blade and grind it down. Sure it won't be the quality of a several thousand dollar Nihonto art sword but it will cut just the same. I've also got several quality steel blades ranging from a Del Tin reproduction 12th century arming sword, Del Tin 15th century Spanish rapier, Angus Trim 1548 Cut and thrust and two other newer Cold Steel Katanas. While they are of no real use in a fight I do enjoy looking at them. I wonder how many years before we have to bail England out again.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

UK Bans Samurai Swords
    They should ban criminals. At one time, that was the "solution," such as it was. Perhaps it could work again, seeing as how bans of everything else have failed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If it weren't so sad, it'd be funny. Only replicas are banned. Authentic swords aren't. Nor are other types of swords, just the samurai variety.

Good to see that the U.S. hasn't completely cornered the market on stupid politicians.......yet.

How about the English longbow? The Brits used to be deadly with those things...I think they should be banned so that no one gets hurt.

That video was quite disturbing. Why were people stopping in front of a guy with a sword? Only two options I see are to a) drive around, or b) drive through. For those who enjoy comedy maybe option c) drive "around" with door open.

The murder with swords statistic shown wasn't very compelling either. 6 murders in 5 years. I'd bet more people are beaten to death with fists and/or feet than 6 in 5 years. Can we ban Nike's?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    If it weren't so sad, it'd be funny. Only replicas are banned. Authentic swords aren't. Nor are other types of swords, just the samurai variety.

Good to see that the U.S. hasn't completely cornered the market on stupid politicians.......yet.
    You're kidding?!
    So you could just go to Museum Replicas and get some hand-and-a-half war sword, and you can still have that?

I guess that the British are not so much worried about whether people get killed with swords, but whether they get killed with a certain KIND of sword.

Brilliant.

That island is doomed.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    You're kidding?!
    So you could just go to Museum Replicas and get some hand-and-a-half war sword, and you can still have that?

I guess that the British are not so much worried about whether people get killed with swords, but whether they get killed with a certain KIND of sword.

Brilliant.

That island is doomed.
    Hmmmm, maybe we can quarantine the island to keep the insanity from spreading further....

And that my friends is the difference between Citizens and Subjects.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I missed it...

What was the reason replica swords are illegal and 'real' swords are OK?

Talk about idiot politicians...

Stay armed...with the 'real McCoy...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hmmmm, maybe we can quarantine the island to keep the insanity from spreading further....
    It's been attempted, but failed.

For evidence, see the fact that Nicole Kidman is free to jet-set around the world, and has surely been to the U.S. at least once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links