PUNS FOR INTELLECTUALS
1. Two vultures boarded a plane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The
stewardess stops them and says "sorry sir, only one carrion per
2. NASA recently sent a number of Holsteins into orbit for
experimental purposes. They called it the herd shot round the world.
3. Two boll weevils grew up in N Carolina. One took off to Hollywood
and became a rich star. The other stayed in Carolina and never amounted
to much-and naturally became known as the lesser of two weevils.
4. Two Eskimos in a kayak were chilly, so they started a fire, which
sank the craft, proving the old adage you can't have your kayak and heat
5. A three-legged dog walks into an old west saloon, slides up to the
bar and announces "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."
6. Did you hear about the Buddhist who went to the dentist, and
refused to take Novocain? He wanted to transcend dental medication.
7. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel, and met in the
lobby where they were discussing their recent victories in chess
tournaments. The hotel manager came out of the office after an hour, and asked them
to disperse. He couldn't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.
8. A women has twins, gives them up for adoption. One goes to an
Egyptian family and is named "Ahmal" The other is sent to a Spanish family and
is named "Juan". Years later, Juan sends his birth mother a picture of
himself. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wishes she also
had a picture of Ahmal. He replies, "They're twins for Pete sake!! If
you've seen Juan, you've see Ahmal!"
9. A group of friars opened a florist shop to help with their belfry
payments. Everyone liked to buy flowers from the Men of God, so their
business flourished. A rival florist became upset that his business was
suffering because people felt compelled to buy from the Friars, so he
asked the Friars to cut back hours or close down. The Friars refused.
The florist went to them and begged that they shut down. Again they
refused. So the florist then hired Hugh McTaggert, the biggest meanest
thug in town. He went to the Friars' shop, beat them up, destroyed their
flowers, trashed their shop, and said that if they didn't close, he'd be
back. Well, totally terrified, the Friars closed up shop and hid in
their rooms. This proved that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist
10. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot his whole life, which
created an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very
little, which made him frail, and with his odd diet, he suffered from
very bad breath. This made him ... what? (This is so bad it's good...) a
super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
11. And finally... There was a man who sent 10 puns to some friends in
hopes at least one of the puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately,
no pun in ten did!