I cant walk too well for now.

This is a discussion on I cant walk too well for now. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A trick to use on the wife is while she thinks you are asleep be sure to moan and groan like you are in pain. ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I cant walk too well for now.

A trick to use on the wife is while she thinks you are asleep be sure to moan and groan like you are in pain. That way when you are awake she will believe you. DO NOT let her know you are getting a good nights sleep and fall down a couple of times while helping the kid sledding. Good luck with the recovery.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I refuse to take the vicodins or any of the narcotics the docs push... I'm simply not in need of them.

Glad to hear it. I still have an untouched bottle of Darvocets from my vasectomy. What a miserable week, but as my dad always said: "A little pain never hurt anybody." I did break down and take some OTC Ibuprofen.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Glad to hear it. I still have an untouched bottle of Darvocets from my vasectomy. What a miserable week, but as my dad always said: "A little pain never hurt anybody." I did break down and take some OTC Ibuprofen.
    Ah...but it would be nice if they worked for you if you did happen to need them...been there done that(not the vasectomy part). I have the unfortunate genes that apparently local anesthetics and most of the major pain killers don't work so well on me unless in VERY large quantities(my body seems to burn most stuff off rapidly). Apparently my father used to be the same way, but he awlays told me it goes away with age(sooner rather than later I hope).
    Try waking up in the middle of a hernia surgery...fun stuff!

Oh btw six...the sled thing really works...there's just a minor problem with um...steering.
    Last edited by packinnova; December 15th, 2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: btw
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    It snowed a couple of inchs this morning, but then turned to rain for the rest of the day, so no sledding. My big GSD died this summer, so all I have right now in the dog dept. is a JRT... but he could probably pull me. He's the wonder dog.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It snowed a couple of inchs this morning, but then turned to rain for the rest of the day, so no sledding. My big GSD died this summer, so all I have right now in the dog dept. is a JRT... but he could probably pull me. He's the wonder dog.
    Sorry about the GSD, but yeah the JRT's really do seem to have more energy than what one would think would fit in such a tiny body. My neighbor actually just picked up a JRT to replace his best friend that died recently. It drives my pit nuts.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    I can see that. I love the little guy, he is a bundle of dynomite. I can see one driving a pit or any of the bigger breeds nuts.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Wish ya a speedy recovery Sixto being hurt is never fun

VIP Member
    Sixto, I am sorry. I also missed this post. Do get well by sometine Jan. 5 or so

Since you are posting a storm, I am guessing the road rash did not affect shall we say, rear areas of operation?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    Nope, its mostly my right leg. I just was looking over my raid gear... it seems my drop holster took a thrashing too. Its scraped up pretty good, and the bumper pad on my 220 mag got torn off. I'm glad though the holster was there, otherwise my leg would have taken that beating as well.

I'm pretty sure I will go in the office on Monday, I cant stand sitting around the house. I'll just stay off the street...maybe.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    I cant stand sitting around the house. I'll just stay off the street...
    Good idea - you might get arrested otherwise LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Good idea - you might get arrested otherwise LOL
    Yeah I might. The police dont like red headed gimps limping around on public streets.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Take care and heal up mate.

Biker

Man! Sorry to hear you got banged up SIXTO.

I had myself a pretty good bicycle accident this summer and am now a three time member of the "over the handlebars" club. Road rash and I are old friends. Keep it moist, the second skin burn pads work wonders for that. Try not to scratch it no matter how much it itches and you'll bounce back in no time. I was back on my bike in 2 days with the last one. My wife was none too happy about it but I felt better.

Please tell us what happened when you get the OK to do so. Should be a good story knowing you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Glad to hear you weren't hurt worse six . Take your time for a while and if you go back to the office your a fool . They will find some filing , public relations , or an exciting program for you to take care of oO( say teaching kindergardners about sidewalk safety ) . Dont show up and you MIGHT miss such exciting oppertunitys LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Moderator
    So...are you going crazy yet ?

Or better put...is your Wife going crazy yet ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links