Fred says buy a gun

This is a discussion on Fred says buy a gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just another excuse for me to buy a new gun. http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2825 (2007-12-17) — Republican Presidential candidate Fred Thompson today, upon hearing that rival Ron Paul’s ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred says buy a gun

Fred says buy a gun

Just another excuse for me to buy a new gun.

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2825

(2007-12-17) — Republican Presidential candidate Fred Thompson today, upon hearing that rival Ron Paul’s supporters had raised $6 million in 24 hours to commemorate the Boston Tea Party, called on his supporters to match that figure in gun purchases before Christmas to mark George Washington’s victory at the Battle of Trenton.

“I’m tired of running around the country raising money that I just have to hand over to the same mainstream media companies that ignore my campaign,” said the former senator from Tennessee. “We’ve done enough this year to support the so-called free press of the first amendment. Let’s give a boost to our friends who make it possible for us to exercise our second amendment right to keep and bear arms.”

“Go out and get your sweetie a nice personal protection sidearm,” said Mr. Thompson, “or buy your kid his first shotgun. If you have a few bucks leftover, go ahead and get that civil liberties insurance device you’ve been thinking about for yourself. I’d like to get ten or twelve thousand more firearms into the hands of law-abiding Americans, purchased from local merchants in hometowns across the nation.”

Thompson supporters can visit the Fred ‘08 campaign website to anonymously report how much they spent on handguns, rifles and other firearms before midnight December 25, the eve of Washington’s crossing the Delaware in 1776.

2. Remove Ads

I think I just found my candidate.

Outstanding!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TimM View Post
    Just another excuse for me to buy a new gun.

“Go out and get your sweetie a nice personal protection sidearm,” said Mr. Thompson, “or buy your kid his first shotgun. If you have a few bucks leftover, go ahead and get that civil liberties insurance device you’ve been thinking about for yourself. I’d like to get ten or twelve thousand more firearms into the hands of law-abiding Americans, purchased from local merchants in hometowns across the nation.”

Thompson supporters can visit the Fred ‘08 campaign website to anonymously report how much they spent on handguns, rifles and other firearms before midnight December 25, the eve of Washington’s crossing the Delaware in 1776.

OK!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Well now I can use the excuse that Fred told me to do it!!!

Moved to O/T since it is politically oriented, but still gun related. Also tweaked the title to make it more descriptive.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I like this guy!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    I like this guy!
    I like him too but doubt he can win. Huckabee is showing some promise.

Fred has been my first choice for awhile, however, he doesn't seem to perform well in the debates. Some of that might have to do with the inter-party wars between Guliani and Romney, which seem to have been the main event during any of the debates, and now the super surge of Huckabee. I like Fred's approach here, but he doesn't seem to be getting much attention under the spotlight. I can't find any other references to this article in any of the mainstream news sites....go figure.

Hopefully he gets some more momentum soon....

I wish I had the cash to buy another gun right now, I would be getting one for my wife, she's been wanting one.

I am wondering if this quote is true. I cannot find it anywhere else. If it isn't something he said, them maybe he should.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

It's scrappleface, guys... It's a parody site. As much as I might wish that Thompson had said such a thing, it just didn't happen.

If it had, it'd be everywhere... the brady bunch would be wetting their panties, the KOSites would be screaming their bleeding hearts out... Just didn't happen. (Oh, but how I hope I'm wrong on this!)

Did you read anything else at scrappleface? Like the comments attributed to Bill Clinton: '...they don’t know how kind, generous and warm Hillary can be when she’s behind in the polls...' and 'Shoot, when a woman’s husband cheats on her in her own home, and disgraces the family name in front of the whole world … and she sticks with him … that’s likable right there'

Yeah, right.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

.. wow. good for him

It's pretty darn hard to beat that logic. I'm thinking I like Fred right now....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Phoney quote or not, Thompson is the guy the media will not cover because they know he is the strongest conservative and would be their worst nightmare. They will focus on Huckabee and then crucify him about his beliefs if he's the nominee. Fred scares them precisely because he appeals to those of us who wish to retain our rights.

I have thought for some time that a Ron Paul / Fred Thompson ticket could do a lot of good.

Purchased a Yugo M48 8mm (large ring) Mauser, today, actually. Pics will come once I've wrung it out at the range.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Phony or not....it's still a good excuse to buy a gun....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links