Better not CCW a steak knife in school in Florida

This is a discussion on Better not CCW a steak knife in school in Florida within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A 5th grade school girl is busted in Ocala, Florida for bringing a steak knife to school to cut her lunch. Fox News story on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better not CCW a steak knife in school in Florida

Better not CCW a steak knife in school in Florida

A 5th grade school girl is busted in Ocala, Florida for bringing a steak knife to school to cut her lunch.

Fox News story on Ocala, Florida incident

School officials say the Ocala 5th grader had brought a piece of steak for her lunch, and had brought a steak knife. According to the report, a couple of teachers took the utensil and called authorities, who arrested the girl and took her to the county’s juvenile assessment center.

"She did not use it inappropriately. She did not threaten anyone with it. She didn't pull it out and brandish it. Nothing of that nature," explained Marion County School Spokesman Kevin Christian, who added that it made no difference what the knife was being used for, they had no choice but to call police.

"Anytime there's a weapon on campus, yes, we have to report it and we aggressively report it because we don't want to take any chances, regardless," Christian said.

The girl now faces a felony charge for possessing a weapon on school property and has been suspended from school for 10 days. The parents of the girl could not be reached for comment, WFTV.com reported.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

"She did not use it inappropriately. She did not threaten anyone with it. She didn't pull it out and brandish it. Nothing of that nature," explained Marion County School Spokesman Kevin Christian, who added that it made no difference what the knife was being used for, they had no choice but to call police.
    God forbid we should employ reason and logic in a situation like this. We might teach the kids to THINK!

i am SO sick of this crap
    i think im gonna save up the money and get my kids a private teacher when i have them

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    God forbid we should employ reason and logic in a situation like this. We might teach the kids to THINK!

Zero Tolerance = Zero Thought

Thats why they make those policies, so they don't have to be responsible and they don't have to think.

Oh and we can't teach our kids to think. They might think something we don't like...

I am so happy I at least got my kid into a charter school... not the best, but by far better then public school.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Angry

How stupid is this!! And these people are teaching our children everyday? No wonder it sucks to wake up!:

If the felony charge sticks, she won't be able to vote or own a firearm. Sickening.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

The story I heard on the radio was that she was actually handcuffed! The disgusting part is that I can actually believe it.

I sure hope someone on the School Board gets involved and does the right thing -- and then the voters get involved and fix this mess. This is almost as bad as the kid that was suspended for drawing a picture of a gun.

Totally unreal. I heard it a little bit ago on FOX. I remember when I used to drop my shotgun off at the school office while I attended class, and hunt rabbits and squirrels after. I really don't remember my gun going wild and running through the halls and shooting kids that I knew; but, then again, I don't recall my Beagles or Basset attacking someone either. A sad world. I guess the police in this one could have used a SWAT Team to emphasize the whole thing. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Those deadly steak knives,

My Poor Grandkids

My grandchildren are attending Florida's schools. I am worried about what they will be taught, and by what sort of "teachers"!

The reaction of the school staff is amazing. What is a shame is the parents of this poor child didn't have the foresight to realize that in these idiotic times, a child SHOULD NEVER, under any circumstances be sent to school with a knife in her lunch bag/box. They ultimately bear the responsibility for their daughter's unfortunate experience. What is not clear is did the parent(s) or the child pack the knife. Was it Forest Gump who said "Stupid is as Stupid does"?
    Never Again!
    Speak softly and carry a large caliber weapon.

A few years ago, my nephew was caught at school with a "bright, shiny, weapon". Turned out to be a fingernail clipper with a tiny little blade for cuticles. He was in first grade and the comment was that if he had been older, he could have been suspended.

I have no tolerance for this kind of stupidity.

Home school....thats what me and my wife are going to do! A great PE class...handgun safety 101...and the sorts.

+1 T-Rex we are doing the same our oldest daughter is in 1st grade and i cant beleive the issues she has homework to read for 15 minutes every night from the book the teacher sends home. she read the book twice the first night in 5 minutes so i asked her teacher if we could get her some more challenging books? teacher says NO it would make the other kids feel slow

This is just one of many reasons to homeschool. Your gets get a much better education and you don't have to worry about them being indoctrinated with ignorance in the public school system.

Maybe it was one of those "Evil-Black Assault Steaknives", those scare the crap out of me. Seriously though if this crap keeps up, In this country, we're going to wind up another Britain.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links