Dangerous Book for Boys

This is a discussion on Dangerous Book for Boys within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday and ran across Dangerous Book for Boys and I thought it was the best gift you could give ...

Thread: Dangerous Book for Boys

VIP Member

Dangerous Book for Boys

I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday and ran across Dangerous Book for Boys and I thought it was the best gift you could give to a kid. Lots of fun stuff that I think would drive most "PC: mothers crazy.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

I'm getting this for Christmas, along with the Daring Book for Girls.

I'm going to do this stuff with the grandkids....after I try it all myself first.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I have given one out already earlier this year for a bday present, and have one to give out for Christmas.

Since my son is only 4, I will have to wait a few years to give him his own.

Neat books.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Great book!

I bought 6 to give as Christmas gifts.

I also bought the Daring Book for Girls to give to my god-daughters (along with a copy of the boy's book for their father).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Lead Moderator
    I got one and thought it was great, hoping to do some of the stuff with my grandson. Some of the stuff brought back memories.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sounds like a good book. I think my most dangerous book was a copy of the Improvised Munitions Handbook I got when I was in 8th grade. I'll not confess to any juvenile law-breaking here, but I learned a lot in that book...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Already wrapped and under the tree for my son.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Just ordered, probably not in time for Christmas. It will start with my 9 yr old son. He can pass it to his younger brother who in turn will pass it to the youngest (born last Saturday in fact). After that, it can live with g-ma / g-pa for reference :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Got it for DH and DS a couple of months ago. I even enjoyed it.
    What kinda book can go from knot tying and how to make the "World's best paper airplane" to listing latin phrases with pronunciation and definintion? Wish I had something like this when I was a kid. (you know, back in the stone age.)

NDS
    Bought copies for my grandsons, and enjoyed reading it myself.

I think I'm going to get a copy of each for my classroom and just not tell anyone they are there. The students will find them and it'll be interesting to see the reaction. BTW, my students are 12/13.

My sons are 4 years and 4 mths old. I bought that book last week. I've already made paper airplanes with my oldest. We will have to wait until he's a bit older for a lot of the other stuff.

A great book!

just ordered two copies...hope it's as good as you guys say it is.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

looks like a great book.
    i managed to stumble across this review which i found very amusing:

1.0 out of 5 stars Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, November 19, 2007
    By Nikki D. (Ocala, FL, USA)
    I read the entire book. It was very Republican. It was very British. It was kind of quaint. Until the KILLING chapter. The book advises boys to get a GUN and then go out and shoot and kill a rabbit, then skin it, gut it and cook it. So um...they can learn where food comes from.

If there is something I love to see it is encouraging children to use guns and kill small defenseless animals. Nothing says - good old fashioned fun like skinning an animal and ripping its internal organs from the cracked cavity of its ribcage. I mean what else could be more wholesome?

Come on Billy (or Neville if you are in the UK) come out with Dad and lets kill a bunny! Then you can skin it, decapitate it, gut it and cook it - YUM!

If you want to show Billy where food comes from - there are plenty of upsetting videos available from PETA that will turn him into a Vegan faster than you can say Soy Burger. He doesn't need to actually kill anything. Or use a gun.

Think about what a better place the world would be if little boys didn't grow up using guns and playing guns and playing let's kill EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET!

Why not try to teach Billy RESPECT FOR ALL SENTIENT BEINGS?

We might find ourselves down a war or two in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    looks like a great book.
    i managed to stumble across this review which i found very amusing:

1.0 out of 5 stars Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, November 19, 2007
    By Nikki D. (Ocala, FL, USA)
    I read the entire book. It was very Republican. It was very British. It was kind of quaint. Until the KILLING chapter. The book advises boys to get a GUN and then go out and shoot and kill a rabbit, then skin it, gut it and cook it. So um...they can learn where food comes from.

If there is something I love to see it is encouraging children to use guns and kill small defenseless animals. Nothing says - good old fashioned fun like skinning an animal and ripping its internal organs from the cracked cavity of its ribcage. I mean what else could be more wholesome?

Come on Billy (or Neville if you are in the UK) come out with Dad and lets kill a bunny! Then you can skin it, decapitate it, gut it and cook it - YUM!

If you want to show Billy where food comes from - there are plenty of upsetting videos available from PETA that will turn him into a Vegan faster than you can say Soy Burger. He doesn't need to actually kill anything. Or use a gun.

Think about what a better place the world would be if little boys didn't grow up using guns and playing guns and playing let's kill EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET!

Why not try to teach Billy RESPECT FOR ALL SENTIENT BEINGS?

We might find ourselves down a war or two in the future.
    Gees, Friesepferd, Where do you find these people? She can take her kids to the tofu-burger factory if she wants, I'm sure he'll make a great peace-loving victim someday. My boy can't wait to kill his first anything furry and then eat it, he won't be disappointed.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

What a great set of books. Finally know what to get the various children of friends and family that actually has some thought behind it.
    Mike

Spring Break Fallujah '06
    "Always Flexible"

Links