SAD: Mortal Kombat Moves" Claim" Life of 7-Year Old

This is a discussion on SAD: Mortal Kombat Moves" Claim" Life of 7-Year Old within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/20....ap/index.html Mortal Kombat Moves Claim Life of 7-Year Old Teens charged in 'Mortal Kombat' killing JOHNSTOWN, Colorado (AP) -- Two teens have been charged with ...

Thread: SAD: Mortal Kombat Moves" Claim" Life of 7-Year Old

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/20....ap/index.html

Mortal Kombat Moves Claim Life of 7-Year Old

Teens charged in 'Mortal Kombat' killing

JOHNSTOWN, Colorado (AP) -- Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Heather Trujillo, 16, in charged in the beating death of her half-sister, Zoe Garcia, 7.

Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

According to a police affidavit, the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on December 6 while the girl's mother was at work.

Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Margie Martinez said late Wednesday that she did not know whether either teen had an attorney. The teens were being held at the Weld County jail but were not permitted to accept phone calls, Martinez said.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

JD
    Administrator
    Oh yeah, blame the game, it has nothing to do with the teens illegal drinking and then BREAKING AN EGG DOWN THE THROAT OF AN UNCONCIOUS KID! (saw it on the tv earlier )

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

JD
    Administrator
    She had stopped breathing, and Trujillo and Roberts waited 15 minutes before calling for help.
    They said they put her in a bath, which temporarily revived her, but that she stopped breathing again. Roberts said he cracked an egg in her mouth "to see if she was messing around with them."

The egg went down her throat, the affidavit stated.

Yep, I learned those moves playing Mortal Kombat....

I hate this BS, people always trying to lay the blame elsewhere...

It's the game's fault, it's the gun's fault, it's Bigfoot's fault...

They deserve to be tried as adults. Kudos to the prosecutor. May they be locked up forever, or better yet, sit on death row a short time. 48 years is not enough time.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Saw this on fox IMHO MK game and movies had nothing to do with this horrific crime . Its all about the low life subhuman scum who beat a kid to death because they could . Thankfully we do have the death penalty and i hope they both get it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Saw this on fox IMHO MK game and movies had nothing to do with this horrific crime . Its all about the low life subhuman scum who beat a kid to death because they could . Thankfully we do have the death penalty and i hope they both get it .
    I don't think the death penalty is enough for this one.

VIP Member
    These kids should tried as adults!

When I was 16-17 years old, I had 2 jobs & was going to school. Today's brats are still playing Nintendo & being major PIAs to their parents...or PARENT, who then allows them to get away with it.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I also think the parent(s) should be arrested for involuntary manslaughter...

Rick

These kids' parents should also get charged IMO

Austin

Sponsored Links