Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED

This is a discussion on Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have my thoughts on it, and ill share them eventually, but im vert curious to see everyones take on why it isnt a good ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED

I have my thoughts on it, and ill share them eventually, but im vert curious to see everyones take on why it isnt a good idea, and why people dont like it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I seem to remember reading about something like this in a little book called revalations.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I posted an article on Real ID on my blog for those who are interested on more info.

I kinda like my government inefficient and decentralized. Something about absolute power (authority) not being a good thing...
    Most problems can be solved at the local level, and believe it or not, if the laws on the books were enforced, there would be no consideration of a national register.

I don't like the idea and I am usually shrugs off the conspiracy theorists
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Idaho fighting it
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I hear Montana is fighting it also. I hear the governor sent out several letters to other state governors to take a stand. What happens if your state won't follow along? Can the feds come in and take over? BTW raevan----I'll read those blogs tonight sometime. Atctimmy---I read the Book Of Revelations enough times to wear the print off the pages in the days heading into Y2K. I also have several other published books that elaborate more on that. I'm still unsure as to this application. 'Right hand or forehead'. I appreciate everyone's input. Looking forward to reading more tonight. Y'all have a good day.

It's a precursor.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I seem to remember reading about something like this in a little book called revalations.
    And that book is never wrong

1943 - 2009
    I hear Montana is fighting it also. I hear the governor sent out several letters to other state governors to take a stand.
    Montana passed a law in 2007 that prohibits the state from complying with the Federal Real I.D. Act. It was signed by the governor on 17 April 07.

61-5-128. Legislative finding and direction to state agency not to implement REAL ID Act. (1) The legislature finds that the enactment into law by the U.S. congress of the REAL ID Act of 2005, as part of Public Law 109-13, is inimical to the security and well-being of the people of Montana, will cause unneeded expense and inconvenience to those people, and was adopted by the U.S. congress in violation of the principles of federalism contained in the 10th amendment to the U.S. constitution.
    (2) The state of Montana will not participate in the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005. The department, including the motor vehicle division of the department, is directed not to implement the provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 and to report to the governor any attempt by agencies or agents of the U.S. department of homeland security to secure the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005 through the operations of that division and department.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 7th, 2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Add text of statute

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    We already have one...it is called the passport...which I understand will eventually be a requirement to get on any airplane.

Rick

And praytell how would the REAL ID ACT have prevented 9/11. Basically whenever someone says there oughta be a law there ought not be a law. And as for the finacial burden, if you look at the resons that the states that are refusing to comply are giving, they are mostly financial. As in the states dont want to go bankrupt re-inventing there wheel so to speak.

Sorry I dont seem to have the whole " " thing down yet but my comment is a hasty reply to one of SD's takes the ability of the government to streamline anything.
    Last edited by 820usafsf; February 7th, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Continuity

VIP Member
    In Singapore people can get their bank "card" implanted as a chip in the back of their hand. Real ID is real bad cause its a precurser to all that other stuff in that famous book I mentioned earlier.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Here is the biblical quote:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads

I don't know if this is true in all states, but here in NY, for my CCW, I needed to have all fingers fingerprinted and sent to the FBI. They know me anyway...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 820usafsf View Post
    And praytell how would the REAL ID ACT have prevented 9/11.
    The hijackers overstayed their vias yet they were able to obtain legal driver's licenses from different states. They used a driver's license to board the planes on 9/11. They would not have been able to obtain Real ID. They would not have been able to board the flights.

The reason Real ID was intrduced was precisely because of 9/11. That is a specific instance that Real ID would have thwarted because that is how it is designed.

Sorry I dont seem to have the whole " " thing down yet but my comment is a hasty reply to one of SD's takes the ability of the government to streamline anything.
    The quote thing is done by using a '[' followed by the word 'QUOTE' followed by a ']'. That opens the quote it is close by the same sequence except the word is prefaced by a '/', that is '/QUOTE'

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links