Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED

This is a discussion on Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; REAL ID - REAL BAD Today, our hard won liberties as American citizens are under attack. You have no doubt heard that in every generation, ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED

Real Id - Real Bad: MERGED

REAL ID - REAL BAD

Today, our hard won liberties as American citizens are under attack. You have no doubt heard that in every generation, freedom must be defended. We intuitively know that freedom is not free. Yet, we all hope that one day victory will be achieved once and for all. Unfortunately, that day is not now.

The attack about which I write to you today is an insidious, liberty-destroying international system being surreptitiously implemented in Pennsylvania and across the globe. Without general legislative knowledge or approval, this spiders’ web of data collection called the REAL ID Act of 2005 though federally demanded, is willingly state implemented. This ominous system purports to implement a “harmless” upgrade to our states’ driver’s licenses. However, to the contrary, this system is not “harmless”. It seeks to construct an intricately designed system of individually identifiable data into massive federal data bases. Implementation costs will exceed $43 billion! Data security with tens of millions of individually identifiable data will be every hacker and terrorist’s dream. Identity theft will be the least of our worries.

If left unstopped, REAL ID will establish the long opposed and feared national identification system. But even worse than that, this system is international. In addition to all your personal information being embedded into your driver’s license magnetic strip (including your name, address, Social Security number, driver’s history, some financial history and more) the “upgraded” driver’s license now contains computer read personal data about you. No longer just a picture or representation of who you are, but a digitized map based on “biometrics” that “maps” your face, identifies you with your other personal information and stores it in national data bases to be used and shared freely both nationally and internationally. The collection of this biometric data on every American is being stolen from every person when they get their driver’s license renewed. Without so much as any informed consent, your individual identity more private than your finger prints, or DNA, is being scanned and recorded without your knowledge.

The obvious question is why? Why no public knowledge? Why no outcry from Congress or many state legislators? How can something as valuable as each citizen’s biometric “face-mapping” which is strictly for the purpose of economic profit accompanied by government control be so quietly implemented? Why should you and every freedom loving American citizen be concerned?

These questions and more can be answered by visiting my website and researching this topic. For more information on this topic in general and HB 1351 which I have cosponsored to remove Pennsylvania from this system can be found on this site. I urge you to get more information. Our liberties depend on you and others rising up in opposition to this dangerous system.

PS: As before, if you find this alert to be helpful, please pass it along to others on your email list.

Sincerely,

Sam Rohrer

Samuel E. Rohrer
    State Representative Sam Rohrer
    District 128 – Berks County

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    See Revelation 13:15-17.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Senior Moderator
    See Revelation 13:15-17.
    There ya have it.

Just another brick in the wall...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    There ya have it.

Just another brick in the wall...
    Oh, Geez, a Pink Floyd fan.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar

Real ID -- Real Good

This measure was designed to disrupt terrorist travel by preventing the use of state issued licenses for Federal identification. As we know, some states actually give driver's licenses to illegal aliens. These, in turn, are used for airline travel and other areas that give terrorists freedom to stay in the country and operate without 'being watched.' In fact, one of the 9/11 hijackers had a six month visa (expired) but had a legal six year Florida drivers license. This legislation fills a huge hole in domestic security.

Another big plus is that we can have an easier way to mitigate the illegal alien problem. There are already many laws on the books that prohibit employers from hiring illegals. This gives businesses another tool to comply with the law. No ID, no job.

The fact is that we need to know who is in this country and deport those who are not here legally. The Real ID Act will help LEO and security personnel in identifying terrorists and others invading our country.

It seems the tin foil hat brigade is out in full force. Let me guess, Paul supporters.

Senior Moderator
    Self Defense, once again you amaze me. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a really naive 20 something year old kid that believes everything in the world is good and that everything is for the betterment of society. Fact of the matter is...it ain't.

The roots of the REAL ID act come straight from the United Nations. Its they that want to identify every singe person on earth. The Real ID act has been called various things since its inception. In every case, it gets trumped by Congress when the majority of them figure out what its really for.

Did you read the post or just make assumptions ?
    insidious, liberty-destroying international system being surreptitiously implemented in Pennsylvania and across the globe
    How is that going to help anyone but the Federal Government?

notice this statement..
    Without general legislative knowledge or approval
    Does this sound like something that Congress wouldn't pass that is getting forced down our throats ?

Without so much as any informed consent, your individual identity more private than your finger prints, or DNA, is being scanned and recorded without your knowledge.
    For what purpose ? If it is such a good thing, why is it being thrust upon us with going through the proper legislative process? The answer is because they tried that and it didn't work.Guess what...its happening anyway. Now think, who would want that to happen?

You need to quit digesting that government sponsored propaganda that you are getting and eat something else once in awhile. Its better for your health.
    And while I'm at it...
    at least Ron Paul has a bit of a clue about whats going on. Why do you think that he is viewed as such a threat? If he ever did get elected,(which I seriously doubt would happen) he would knock the U.N. and U.N. loving Congressmen and Senators that we employ back YEARS on their agenda. That right there ought to tell you something.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Self Defense, once again you amaze me. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a really naive 20 something year old kid that believes everything in the world is good and that everything is for the betterment of society. Fact of the matter is...it ain't.
    No, I'm a fifty something that believes the US is the greatest nation on Earth and that we are the greatest source of good the planet has ever known. Our Constitutional Republic is the best government ever devised. Yes, it is not perfect. Yes, we have our flaws. Certainly we can make it better. But I am not someone who believes that the government is out to control the people. We are not being watched for some nefarious purpose. By and large, all legislation that painstakingly makes it through the system, as the Real ID Act has, has been reviewed, amended, and compromised for the greater good of all Americans. As a final check, we have the Executive Branch that can veto legislation and require an even higher standard of agreement from the people.

The roots of the REAL ID act come straight from the United Nations. Its they that want to identify every singe person on earth. The Real ID act has been called various things since its inception. In every case, it gets trumped by Congress when the majority of them figure out what its really for.
    This is simply wrong. The roots of Real ID come from James Sensenbrenner. It has nothing to do with the UN. It really is to prevent terrorists and other illegals from illegal acts in the United States.

Why are you so afraid of being identified? You probably have birth certificate on file, a drivers license, a social securiity card, a CCW permit? Exactly what 'right' do you think is being violated?

Did you read the post or just make assumptions ?

How is that going to help anyone but the Federal Government?

notice this statement..

Does this sound like something that Congress wouldn't pass that is getting forced down our throats ?

For what purpose ? If it is such a good thing, why is it being thrust upon us with going through the proper legislative process? The answer is because they tried that and it didn't work.Guess what...its happening anyway. Now think, who would want that to happen?
    The post was a letter from someone who disagrees with the legislation. It is opinion and a very poor argument at that.

And while I'm at it...
    at least Ron Paul has a bit of a clue about whats going on. Why do you think that he is viewed as such a threat? If he ever did get elected,(which I seriously doubt would happen) he would knock the U.N. and U.N. loving Congressmen and Senators that we employ back YEARS on their agenda. That right there ought to tell you something.
    Paul, to put it nicely, is extraordinarily naive as to the ways of the world and foreign policy. He believes that the US is responsible for 9/11. Enough said. Paul is no threat at all and polls around 2% in virtually every credible poll.

Senior Moderator
    No, I'm a fifty something that believes the US is the greatest nation on Earth and that we are the greatest source of good the planet has ever known
    Finally...something we agree on.

This is simply wrong. The roots of Real ID come from James Sensenbrenner. It has nothing to do with the UN. It really is to prevent terrorists and other illegals from illegal acts in the United States.
    Looks like you need to review some of the policies and "mandates"of the U.N.

Why are you so afraid of being identified? You probably have birth certificate on file, a drivers license, a social security card, a CCW permit? Exactly what 'right' do you think is being violated?
    Dude. With my military background, present employment at a Nuclear Plant, LEO background,CHL Instructor background, and Class 3 Permits, I'd bet you a coke that I've been "identified"more than the average Joe.

Its not the identification aspect of it that I worry about. But tell me..why is it not enough? Why should anyone other than the Fed care who I am? What good can come out of some third world dignitary in the UN knowing who I am unless it is part of a bigger scheme? A scheme that our own Congress has repeatedly rejected?

Paul, to put it nicely, is extraordinarily naive as to the ways of the world and foreign policy
    Your opinion. I've heard him speak.HE may be alot of things, but NAIVE isn't one of them. As to the ways of the world? He dang sure ain't naive about that....unless you happen to believe that he is totally clueless and don't believe that its all about global government.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Finally...something we agree on.
    I imagine we agree on many things. As you know, I am opinionated and a bit argumentative.

Looks like you need to review some of the policies and "mandates"of the U.N.
    I think the UN should be disbanded and I couldn't care less about what they want or what they do. They are ineffective, corrupt and they do more harm than good. However, if the UN supports the United States forcing terrorists and illegals to have credible documentation then I agree with that policy.

Dude. With my military background, present employment at a Nuclear Plant, LEO background,CHL Instructor background, and Class 3 Permits, I'd bet you a coke that I've been "identified"more than the average Joe.
    I don't doubt that you are identifiable. I only question why you think it is a bad idea that illegals and terrorists are required the sam type of scrutiny.

Its not the identification aspect of it that I worry about. But tell me..why is it not enough?
    It wasn't enough on 9/11 and it isn;t enough to prevent our country from being invaded by illegal aliens. If this helps, then I am for it. I see no downside.

Why should anyone other than the Fed care who I am? What good can come out of some third world dignitary in the UN knowing who I am unless it is part of a bigger scheme? A scheme that our own Congress has repeatedly rejected?
    Congress passed the Real ID Act. I don't know why you keep referring to the UN. The UN has no authority to do anythig to United States citizens.

Your opinion. I've heard him speak.HE may be alot of things, but NAIVE isn't one of them. As to the ways of the world? He dang sure ain't naive about that....unless you happen to believe that he is totally clueless and don't believe that its all about global government.
    No, I don't believe in a global government conspiracy. China, Russia, Iran, North Korea? Are they part of the conspiracy, too? And I do agree with some of what Paul believes. I think he will be on "Meet the Press" Sunday. He will have an hour with Russert. It should be an interesting intervew.

"This measure was designed to disrupt terrorist travel by preventing the use of state issued licenses for Federal identification. As we know, some states actually give driver's licenses to illegal aliens."
    All it is going to do is to create hassle for US citizens. Illegal aliens will continue to get driver's licenses. I would not be surprised if there is a loop hole in the REAL law that allows illegals to get drivers licenses.

Beginning in about 2003 the ATF required background checks and federal permits for every person who used and stored explosives; you have to be a US citizen to get a user's permit or a storage permit. Initially, there was a specific exemption for aliens using explosives in quarries. There was so much hell raised by other explosive users that this exemption was quietly dropped.

Senior Moderator
    No, I don't believe in a global government conspiracy
    Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that its not there.Like it or not, the United Nations, as corrupt and feeble as it may seem, is getting things done on a global level that is affecting every single person in the world. Much of what happens here, is a result of U.N .policy. Look at the disarmament programs of literally every nation in the world except for us and Israel. Do you think its a coincidence that in the last 15 years England,Canada,Australia and even the heavily armed Swiss as of late have been severely restricted as the the private ownership of arms? If you've ever read the U.N .document titled "Freedom from War" that clearly outlines the eradication of private ownership of weapons throughout the world then you might realize that there is alot more happening here that you can imagine. Our Senators,Congressmen and even Judges are giving up their authority bit by bit and doing it voluntarily. The U.N. has tried to get us to abide by their "World Court"several times, luckily for us that has not happened yet, but we are only one President away from that happening. All it takes is a "treaty" that is ratified by Congress and there ya have it.

I can see that you wont believe it so I wont bore you with anymore of the details. Some people can see it and some wont. Thats just the way it is.

Dont take my word for it. Check it out yourself.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Massachusetts is against the REAL ID act

SENATE Bill, No. 2138

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that its not there.Like it or not, the United Nations, as corrupt and feeble as it may seem, is getting things done on a global level that is affecting every single person in the world. Much of what happens here, is a result of U.N .policy. Look at the disarmament programs of literally every nation in the world except for us and Israel. Do you think its a coincidence that in the last 15 years England,Canada,Australia and even the heavily armed Swiss as of late have been severely restricted as the the private ownership of arms? If you've ever read the U.N .document titled "Freedom from War" that clearly outlines the eradication of private ownership of weapons throughout the world then you might realize that there is alot more happening here that you can imagine. Our Senators,Congressmen and even Judges are giving up their authority bit by bit and doing it voluntarily. The U.N. has tried to get us to abide by their "World Court"several times, luckily for us that has not happened yet, but we are only one President away from that happening. All it takes is a "treaty" that is ratified by Congress and there ya have it.

I can see that you wont believe it so I wont bore you with anymore of the details. Some people can see it and some wont. Thats just the way it is.

Dont take my word for it. Check it out yourself.
    +1

I don't believe in government conspiracies either, but the UN is run by petty dictators, who for the most part have nothing but contempt for the US.

Secondly there are many people in this country who think the UN should have more power and even have power over the US. If you don't believe me go take a college course and you'll quickly get the picture. Some of our own citizens are our own worst enemies in this regard. Especially those in the environmental, animal rights, and anti-gun movements. They would like to see the UN in controll of the law on these issue on a GLOBAL scale, becuase the UN is more in line with their views than most of the people in the US, who they see as backward and behind the times. The enlightened intellectuals eat this stuff up and share the Un leader's disdain for our system.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Moderator
    Yep..and its only gong to get worse.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Papiere gefallen!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links