Temper tantrums - Page 2

Temper tantrums

This is a discussion on Temper tantrums within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i guess im old fashion. but im all for spankings. give them all the hugs and kisses you can when they behave, and dont let ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temper tantrums

i guess im old fashion. but im all for spankings. give them all the hugs and kisses you can when they behave, and dont let them get away with crap.
    it worked for me. at least i think i turned out ok

As a father of 4 daughters, ages12, 14, 15, and 20, I have only one thing to say...

Lord, I wish mine were 2 again :D

You have no idea how much you'll miss a little temper tantrum 10 or 15 years from now. Enjoy them while they're young, it doesn't last nearly long enough.

For those of you with children older than 20... They do grow their brains back at some point, right?
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    For those of you with children older than 20... They do grow their brains back at some point, right?
    In most cases, yes. From birth to about 18 months old, they grow very quickly and explore(drawers, cabinets, etc. every place their little bodies can fit.) At the age of 18 months, they go brain dead. The only thing they know is how to say NO and do what they want. Acting out, having meltdowns in public, etc. This stays till they are around 5 or so. They are learning lots of things between 5 and 10, specially how to manipulate things to get what they want.

At age 11 or so, you are the dumbest, stupidest person on the face of the earth. They know everything. All that is said to them by people over the age of 16 is pure lies. Around 16 or so, they find out that if they chill a little bit, driving the car comes to them. They are given more and more room to move around in and learn. This is the most dangerous time. They think they are indestructable. Driving like an idiot does not affect them. Sometimes, drugs and drink take over their minds.

Only after they have their own kids and come back to visit, do they tell you that the kids are driving them crazy and how did you put up with all of our crap. They tell you that their 2 year old is acting like he has no brain. I can't get thru to my 13 year old daughter. Says no to everything. Everytime you get the chance, you buy something for the grandkid(s). You hold them and wrestle with them on the furniture. You can do this because it is called Grandparental Revenge. Now you can sit back and listen to them tell you they were sorry about being such a PITA when they were growing up.

AH, the joys of being a parent. Agravating, annoying, pressure, losing your mind. Would do it again in a heart beat. Nothing beats being a parent and now grandparent. I love it.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Sounds like a loving and carrying family. Love 'em and protect 'em.

I have a Baby girl who will be 2 in january(I know not a baby any more) Here lately she has been doing the same thing. At home she will just throw herself on the floor and just throw a huge fit! I was honestly thinking about it and why it was happening, and you know, our children just want our attention. If we dont provide that to them they sense it. Also could it be that they are just not feeling good and this fit is a way of them expressing themselves to us? Not sure, but I can tell you that Patients is a virtue, and it is one that I was not blessed with but am starting to learn.

So dont feel that your the only one out there that that has a child doing this, I think we just need to see the big picture and try to figure out what the problem is!

I am right there with you, it is frustrating and I know I would like to put an end to it! Let me know if you come up with anything!!

Children, you just plain gotta love em... :)

Quote Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
    He calmed back down as soon as we got in the car. So we went to McDonalds and ate a happy meal and played on the play thingy for a bit. On the way out of McDonalds, we threw another raging temper tantrum. Then we threw one at the gas station, another while trying to take a bath, and we just got done with one while we were trying to go to sleep.

I think our problem was that he only napped for about 30 minutes today instead of the normal 2 hours. It's one of those things that really teaches you patience, humility, and self control. I wouldn't give it up for the world.
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    My youngest daughter used to do the same thing. I would just take her from the store and let my wife and older daughter continue shopping. I would tell her that when she can behave then she could go back in the store.

But I must say, it's pretty embarrassing to have to carry a screaming child out of the store. But I'll bet other shoppers were happy I did it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links