Good news/bad news - need some input

This is a discussion on Good news/bad news - need some input within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, bad news first - I had a visit from my immediate supervisor and the Director of our employee relations department today. For reasons they ...

Thread: Good news/bad news - need some input

Good news/bad news - need some input

Okay, bad news first - I had a visit from my immediate supervisor and the Director of our employee relations department today. For reasons they would not elaborate on, it was decided that I should be terminated. It wasn't something I expected, but it didn't exactly break my heart. Now the good news - after cleaning out my office, going home and filing an unemployment claim, I contacted one of my previous managers. We had been kicking around the idea of opening a branch for the company he works for near me and having me run it (word of which may have contributed to my termination today, but I may never know). Anyway, since opening a local branch is still several months away, He offered me something in the meantime - but it means relocating to one of the following areas:

Monroe, LA
    Fort Worth, TX
    Las Vegas, NV

He essentially told me if I wanted one of those locations, I could be sitting in my new office by Monday. I would like to hear from people that live in or near these areas to hear the pros and cons. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

I'm from Vegas . There's lots of nice areas to live out here , the town in growing like no other town i know. Lots of great gun ranges and great tactical training out here also . Just curious what line of work , I'm looking for a new line of work myself ? Your welcome to ask any deatiled questions you would like and i'll do my best at helping .

Safe Safe

Thanks. I am/was working for a blood bank in Central Florida. I used to work for a blood plasma center, which is what I've been wanting to get back into. The center I'm looking at is in North Las Vegas. I've been looking at apartments and such online, but not having much luck. The one thing that kind of stinks is I just renewed my Florida CWP and apparently it's not recognized in Nevada, though open carry does appeal to me...

Once you get the paper work in out here for your CCW in Vegas. There coming back REAL quick lately. Friend got his in 4 weeks. Also you can get a non-res . Nevada CCW if your sure your coming.

1952 - 2006
    I'm also from Las Vegas and just so you are aware, North Las Vegas is, to put it bluntly, sort of ghetto Las Vegas. That is the part of town you will have the most problems in.
    Open carry is NOT allowed in North Las Vegas by city ordinance, nor is carry in your vehicle permitted by law there. With that exception and that of Boulder City, which is the same, you can carry in your vehicle, loaded in the glove box or under your seat as long as the weapon is not in something that can conceal it without a CCW permit. If you have your CCW of course that does not apply. Getting your CCW in Nevada is a simple matter and the permit is good for 5 years.
    If you choose to come here I can hook you up with one of the better CCW permit instructors.
    If you have any other questions about Las Vegas feel free to PM me anytime.

Stay Safe.
    Bob
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Thanks for the info. The area I'd be working in is on Civic Center Drive, near East Lake Mead Blvd. I'm guessing it would be a light industrial area - that's where most plasma centers are. So from what I'm reading, even with a CCW I'd have to remove the weapon from my person and place it in the glove compartment once I hit the city limits of North LV?

Anyone have info on Fort Worth?!?!

Administrator

Off Topic

Just wanted to say that I hope everything works out OK for you.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73
    So from what I'm reading, even with a CCW I'd have to remove the weapon from my person and place it in the glove compartment once I hit the city limits of North LV?
    No, that's not correct. With your CCW you can carry anyway you wish too. You just can't have it if you DON'T have a CCW. Your CCW negates the carry ordinance in North Las Vegas.

I hope that clears it up for you.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DC Founder
    Monroe, LA
    Fort Worth, TX
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was born and raised in Ft. Worth, which is not a bad place to live, or wasn't years ago, but it's either hot and humid or cold and humid.

I lived in Monroe for 6 months. To be honest, I was planning my exit strategy from Monroe before I ever got my bags unpacked.

Las Vegas is a town I always thought I would like. We live in Phoenix so the weather is very similar (HOT in the summer and perfect in the winter). In my opinion, with the exception of NLV, as acparmed said, Las Vegas would be my pick....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

acparmed - thanks for the clarification. Bumper - that's the direction I'm leaning as well.

Glockguy and acparmed - what areas of Vegas would you recommend for living? Again, considering the commute and where I'll be commuting to. Thanks again for all the info thus far.

1952 - 2006
    Glockguy and acparmed - what areas of Vegas would you recommend for living? Again, considering the commute and where I'll be commuting to. Thanks again for all the info thus far.
    I like living on the east or southeast side of town. Northwest is the most expensive and the newest. It's called Summerlin. Green Valley is very nice as well. I personally like to live away from the strip far enough where I don't have to go near it to conduct my daily business. And for some reason, after having lived here for a little over 12 years, I find the east side to be my preference.

If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask. And welcome to Combat Carry

Stay Safe,
    Bob

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Links