iPod shuffle bites the dust, or, Why I hate eBay - Page 2

iPod shuffle bites the dust, or, Why I hate eBay

This is a discussion on iPod shuffle bites the dust, or, Why I hate eBay within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ridurall Hey QKShooter,what is your Ebay user name? After our little bit of business on this forum, I'd trust buying anything from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    Hey QKShooter,what is your Ebay user name? After our little bit of business on this forum, I'd trust buying anything from you via Ebay. As for my over 100 Ebay purchases so far I've had no problems. I do my homework though.
    I keep my Ebay affairs apart from my DC forum affairs and for good reason.
    That is only because (as a DC moderator) I might need to ban a member here and I don't want them getting all "bent out of shape" and following me over to Ebay and getting actively vindictive by placing bogus non-paying bids on my listed items.

I will say that I have nearly 1,500 all positive comments in my Ebay personal profile section with no negatives and no neutral comments and honestly it should be closer to 3,000 but, half the buyers and sellers just never bother posting feedback at all.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ebay can help

This is late info, but your purchases are protected on Ebay. You should not have smashed it, since you could have approached Ebay for help and probably could have gotten what you paid (too much) for.

I have purchased everything from motorcycles and whiskey bottles to graphics cards, my wife's new Stiletto II Sirius Satellite Radio/MP3 player and diamond jewelry at SPECTACULAR discounts. ANY time I have had a problem, Ebay has helped me resolve it (twice in five years).

Shopping around on Ebay is important. Don't just buy the first item you see listed that you think is 'a good deal'. You HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE LISTING. Paying 80 bucks for a something that is retailing for 40 is a serious gaffe...hate to say it, but you failed to do your homework, and it ain't Ebay's fault. As long as it is stated in the ad, buyer beware. But if you don't get what you explicitly paid for, you do have options, including a complete refund (know your Ebay buyer's rights...they're also available for the reading).

That said, you are entitled to a funtional item, no matter what (unless the ad says it is broken). Of course, at this point, there isn't any recourse. What is done is done, right?

Anyway, no intention to disrespect you, though...looks like you learned a harsh lesson, and that sucks. Live and learn!
    Last edited by Scot Van; December 27th, 2007 at 08:10 AM.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

i must be lucky

I bought 3 NFL jerseys on ebay for a lot less than retail and had them delivered from China, South Korea and Iowa. The quality has been great and I've been very pleased. I would however be VERY cautious about buying any electronics. Apple has had some battery issues with the ipod and these could be what are showing up on ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links