What do you collect

This is a discussion on What do you collect within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Debt... Originally Posted by swiftyjuan I would be happy to contribute mine to you, so you had a REALLY good collection! ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you collect

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Debt...
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    I would be happy to contribute mine to you, so you had a REALLY good collection!
    Allow me to join the list!

Books! Lots of them, I read like crazy and never give away or throw away a book even if I did not like it.

and the fat cells too but they are about to go OWB
    Last edited by Miggy; December 29th, 2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding one more
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTOMAG View Post
    I collect Coca Cola items. If you have any to give away feel free to contact me!!!!
    You and Kevin at K&D ought to get together maybe you could work some trades.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Knives, swords, axes, and anything else with an edge. Books, Statues, Dolls,
    Foreign money. By default Broken Lawnmowers, woreout microwaves and other eloctronic devices...

VIP Member
    I collect nothing and everything. Whatever suits my fancy at the time. I have knives and books mostly. At one time my library was over 11,000 books. I ran out of space and trimmed back to about 6,000.

But since K-Man (Kevin) and AUTOMAG collect Coca-Cola items, I thought I would show them my Coca-Cola items collection.

This limited edition collector's tray was produced for your local Coca-Cola Bottler in commemoration of the last meeting of these two Alabama coaches, both of whom are nationally famous. This rivalry between these two state schools and coaches is unparalleled in football history. The tray commemorates the Auburn-Alabama game, November 29, 1975, Legion Field, Birmingham, Alabama, between teams coached by James Ralph "Shug" Jordan and Paul William "Bear" Bryant.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have my comic book collection that I'm slowly selling off. My copy of Amazing Spider-Man #50 sold pretty well earlier this year and my oldest comic is Amazing Spider-Man #8.

Now-a-days, I'm trying to purge. I'm still holding on to my pocket knives though --- about 50 of them.

I collect WW2 militaria...mainly US but I have a fair share of other countries. Everything from uniforms, vehicles (only 1 so far), field gear, arms, ammo, personal gear, field manuals, patches...anything WW2 related interests me.

I collect food...in my stomach...all day long.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Flashlights and US Navy command ball caps. I have one (at least one) from every ship and shore station I was attached to, even if it was a temp. duty station. And I have a ton more of them that I was never attached to.

The ones I have that I was actually stationed aboard are:
    USS Wisconsin BB-64
    US Naval Station GITMO
    USS R. K. Turner CG-20
    USS Gallery FFG-26
    SIMA Charleston SC

Like I said, I have tons of others. And I have a few from navies of other countries. I have a command cap from a Russian Frigate and one from and Argentine cruiser and a couple from British war ships.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Avid coin collector (40+ years), also collect guns, nothing special just what happens interesting or a good buy at the time. I am would love to find a Mauser Broomhandle mainly for the historical value and the fact it is such an interesting weapon.

DVD's 354 and counting...

Stress
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

spy-ware and viruses
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    I bet colecting wives will be the most expensive we'll find in this thread!!!!! Not laughing at you Ron but with you. After 18 years of marriage I didn't know a divorce was even coming my way. She has a house with a built in swiming pool in the back yard and my boat that was my love and joy. And I'm living in a condo. Can't afford to add anymore to that collection. Missouri is a bad state for a man to get a divorce in.
    You got that shot right!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Old Dietz Kerosine lanterns.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I seem to collect remote controls!They are all over the house and I have no idea what some of them operate.I also collect wives.I have had many happy marriages.I am lucky I finally found a sane person.Say,I wonder if i could program one of these remotes to flush a toilet?A business idea?

Senior Moderator
    Teapots.

I collect teapots and loose leaf teas.

Not your frilly tea pots either. I collect cool tea pots.

I used to collect wind chimes but when I got married my wind chimes got put in a box somewhere and lost (seemingly forever).

But I know where my tea pots are so I continue to collect them and use them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links