What do you collect - Page 4

What do you collect

This is a discussion on What do you collect within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dust! And Pete, my wife has you beat in the guitar collecting. Our place is a guitar farm! And there's a bumper crop! Originally Posted ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you collect

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Dust!

And Pete, my wife has you beat in the guitar collecting. Our place is a guitar farm! And there's a bumper crop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Zaria View Post
    Guitars (8)
    Shot glasses (I pick one up every place I travel, probably about 40)
    Blades (14 knives, 2 katanas including one WW2 Japanese officer's sword, I know nothing about it except that it's folded steel and was brought back by an American GI at the end of the war)
    Computers (work related... but there's 12 of them scattered throughout my place)

I like the idea of zippos... and hell, motorcycles... big boy toys :) lol

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

Administrator
    I forgot to mention I collect DC post count too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    I collect past due accounts, man that sucks.

Also try to collect old money, the "blue" color silver certificates, and currency with the red ink. It's been awhile sense I have seen any to nab.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

books...

formerly collected Star Trek & Star Wars stuff (quit when the 'original crew was put out to pasture in '91 & when Episodes I - III came out, respectively.)
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I collect a bunch of things: comic books, when I got married and moved into this house I found my old comic book collection from when I was a kid. I decided to box and bag them properly so I stopped at a local shop to get what I needed. My collection has tripled since then....

Shot glasses- everytime I go TDY or PCS I grab a shot glass. My best friend from back home has this huge collection and first time I went TDY I sent him one for his collection, and brought one back for myself. Ever since then it's just continued.....

Books- I love to read, back home I've got most of my stuff in storage, and most of that is books or book shelves...

And finally beer bottle caps- two years ago I was supposed to go to Iraq, but something came up and I was pulled from the deployment at the last minute. Well somehow we started collecting bottle caps for him and when he came back we gave him a table we had made using the bottle caps as the top. Well I would like to build a bar in my house, and I would like the top to be made out of bottle caps. The rules are only good beers (no Bud, Coors, MGD....) and I had to drink them. So far I'm running at about a thousand caps.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

VIP Member
    I collect knives, but that's been mostly stopped since I got married. I can't justify spending the money on them now.

I also collect old cameras and vintage handbags, mostly the german silver mesh bags from the 1800's.

Lima, you'd love the world market down here. They have a loose leaf tea aisle. I love loose leaf tea.

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links