What do you collect

What do you collect

This is a discussion on What do you collect within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Besides guns what else do you collect? I collect licence plates, and have all 50 states, DC, all of Canada's and then some... How about ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you collect

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

What do you collect

Besides guns what else do you collect? I collect licence plates, and have all 50 states, DC, all of Canada's and then some... How about the rest of you guys? Anything unique? Not the best picture here, two cell phone pics pasted together in paint... but you get the idea. I always joke with people when they ask where I got them all... slyly I look at them and say "ski mask and a screwdriver". Actually there are a few websites you can oreder expired plates from.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Knives - specifically tactical folders, boot knives, push daggers, and a few military fighting knives.

foreign monies, rare bullets in rare calibers, knives, swords, beer bottles, shot glasses, post cards and the Magazine Cosmopolitan. Now the last one I collect in other countries only to see what is allowed and acceptable in different countries and cultures and to read some diff. languages
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I have an extensive collection of Matchbox brand Police car variations that includes preproduction models, resin test shots, one-offs, metal trials and color trials. I got a lot of them when the Matchbox HQ in NJ closed and a lot of the employees sold off their secret stash.

The kids have forced them into storage for now.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    I collect Budwieser Christmas beer stiens. It started when my first daughter was born. I felt it was easy and cheap for the girls could get their father at Christmas time. They are plentiful and only cost about $15 at Christmas time. I have at least one of everyone they made starting from the late 80's to the one I recieved this year. The earlier ones are suppose to be worth some money now but these are gifts from my daughters and I would never sell them.

What do you collect

As Pro2, I also am into license plates. Have all 50 states + D.C. and the Canadian - various recent dates. Have a complete 1948 birthyear run w/some Canadian. 1913 to date Indiana run. All states and some Canadian dealer run. Hope the wife never learns how much is invested in some of this "tin"........................... My kids seem to be doing a good job of helping me collect 'grandkids'. Good shooting to all and have a safe and "Great 2008".

I was remodeling a house and came across a bunch of newspapers dating back to like 1901 (I think) and strange currency, not sure from what country, but they are old coins and bills dating back to about 1900.
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Guitars/knifes and apparently wives, just got served divorce papers
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    Guitars/knifes and apparently wives, just got served divorce papers
    I bet colecting wives will be the most expensive we'll find in this thread!!!!! Not laughing at you Ron but with you. After 18 years of marriage I didn't know a divorce was even coming my way. She has a house with a built in swiming pool in the back yard and my boat that was my love and joy. And I'm living in a condo. Can't afford to add anymore to that collection. Missouri is a bad state for a man to get a divorce in.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I would like to say that I also collect knives. I like sheath knives, tactical, hunting, but mostly Bowie knives. Although I do try to collect them it seems that right now they only thing I collect is bills.

Lets see I have a bunch of VHS tapes that no one watches anymore. Most are cowboy themes. Does that count? Probably not.

i attempt to collect money- not coins, but like in the bank.
    it doesnt work very well

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I used to collect BBQ sauces. I would buy them, taste and use once, clean and display them. After a few years I had over 300 different bottles and they collected too much dust so I tossed it.

I also collect old post cards from the places I have the most fond memories of growing up, Lawrence, KS and Neosho, MO.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I collect fat cells. I carry them IWB.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I collect fat cells. I carry them IWB.
    that is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I'm with ya in that department.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links