New Year's Resolutions?

This is a discussion on New Year's Resolutions? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, one rule: Keep it gun oriented and SECULAR. Your promises to God are between you and him. We'll accept weight loss as a prerequisite ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions?

Exclamation New Year's Resolutions?

Okay, one rule: Keep it gun oriented and SECULAR. Your promises to God are between you and him. We'll accept weight loss as a prerequisite to being a better shooter. I'll wait awhile to post mine, lest I give too many ideas. Or I'll wait awhile to post mine UNTIL I get some good ideas from y'all. Let's keep the number limited to TEN as a maximum.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Since I find that I usually fail to meet my New Year's Resolutions, I don't make them therefore I don't fail to meet them! That being said, I WILL buy as many semi-automatics as I can this year and next year, before the microstamping goes into effect in California. At least that is my newest excuse for buying guns, and I will consider that a multi-year resolution!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

VIP Member
    To buy extra mags and ammo for my guns. Never know what will happen to the availability when the elections roll around!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Since I find that I usually fail to meet my New Year's Resolutions, I don't make them therefore I don't fail to meet them! That being said, I WILL buy as many semi-automatics as I can this year and next year, before the microstamping goes into effect in California. At least that is my newest excuse for buying guns, and I will consider that a multi-year resolution!
    Will they make the new law retroactive? It's already unconstitutional, why should more constitutional violations stop them?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

They usually grandfather in existing weapons. I may have to take all my toys to my son's place in Portland some day, but until then, I will try to stay ahead of the curve. Besides, it gives me a great excuse to buy toys !
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member
    My New-years resolution---- not to make any resolutions!!

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I kept last years resolutions and the years before, I went from around 300 pounds or so down to 155pounds.
    I have since increased that weight to 165 pounds through weight training. I am starting to look the way I want to look. But it is just a start.

My resolution for 2008 is to keep working my butt off (in an almost littoral sense) and drop my body fat percentage from the 13% that I currently sit at to around 8% or so. And to keep building muscle.

And, to have as much fun with my wife and kids as possible. And, to invest more and try to work towards being financially well off as possible.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Take my boys shooting every month, today was the first day since August and we had a blast but it's been way too long.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    To do everything in my power to get the word out about Ron Paul,and to do everything in my power to defend/fight for my right to keep and bear arms.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

1) Take real classes about handguns and shooting - I can't possibly teach myself everything.

2) Try to live up to the Brady bunch's one-gun-a-month goal. I don't know where all the money will come from however.

3) Find a reasonable way to lock up a gun in my Miata and still have fast access to it.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Wink Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    1) Take real classes about handguns and shooting - I can't possibly teach myself everything.

2) Try to live up to the Brady bunch's one-gun-a-month goal. I don't know where all the money will come from however.

3) Find a reasonable way to lock up a gun in my Miata and still have fast access to it.
    #1 You're right next door to Arizona. Take a class at GUN SITE and forego some of the guns. It'll be worth the trade.

#2 See #1

#3 If there is a firearm in your car it should be ON you at all times. If you leave the car take it with you on your person. Do not ever leave a gun "in the car" locked or not. What if somebody steals the car? If you have to go someplace where a firearm is prohibited, rework your schedule or have somebody qualified to wait in the car with the gun. If that place is your work place, don't carry. That's MY situation. I teach in an inner city public high school. The area around the school can be a DMZ at times, but I know the fastest routes in and out. That's the best I can do. Just my .02.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; December 30th, 2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Well mine is to make it back home to the States, and start making holsters again.
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post
    Well mine is to make it back home to the States, and start making holsters again.
    Yet you say that instead you are going to move to the land of fruit and nuts (California). Sounds like you don't want to keep your New Year's Resolution.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Yet you say that instead you are going to move to the land of fruit and nuts (California). Sounds like you don't want to keep your New Year's Resolution.
    I Know, I know, but like I said in another post it's the Medical insurance that's killing me
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Get my weight back down, working on it now. Buy at least 6 more guns, 6 more knives. Buy reloading equip for each caliber I own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links