Dec. must have been the month of Celeb sightings for me.

This is a discussion on Dec. must have been the month of Celeb sightings for me. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I posted a thread about meeting Sheppard Smith last week when he came into our TV station to do his national show on FOX ...

Well, I posted a thread about meeting Sheppard Smith last week when he came into our TV station to do his national show on FOX Newschannel.

Today, I was with the wife and kids at Wal-Mart on Winchester Road in Memphis and saw 2 of the cops I have seen featured on "The First 48" on A&E several times when one of the murder investigations are in Memphis. Sgt. Tony Mullens and Stg. Caroline Mason for the Memphis Police Department just walked by and my wife and I both recognized them right away as we like to watch the show.
    We did not go up to them and speak or anything. I figure they get that enough and I don't want to be one more idiot who says "Hey! Aren't you that cop from TV?"
    Just thought it was cool that they were probably taking a break from an investigation and we happened to see them.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have gone up and thanked them for their service. They might have appreciated that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If they're in Wal-Mart, they don't want to be recognized. Just wonder what they were doing there together?

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Well, I posted a thread about meeting Sheppard Smith last week when he came into our TV station to do his national show on FOX Newschannel.
    BIG Fox News patron here but I am not impressed with Sheppard Smith. Sorry.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    If they're in Wal-Mart, they don't want to be recognized. Just wonder what they were doing there together?
    I don't know about that. Looked like they were just getting a few things. They weren't trying to hide who they were or anything. Not undercover if that is what you are thinking.
    And I'm sure they were there together because they are partners. Partners do that kind of stuff together when they are out on a case. I've seen them do similar things on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    BIG Fox News patron here but I am not impressed with Sheppard Smith. Sorry.
    That's cool. Don't be impressed with him all you want. He's still a nice guy and one of the only real big news anchors I have ever worked with that wasn't a jerk. He didn't come into the studio with a big ego. He couldn't get a flight to New York on the day Butto was killed and they wanted him to do his show because of that story. So, he came up to Memphis, drove himself by the way, and did the show from our studio. We are a FOX O&O station. And he thanked us all for doing such a great job on such short notice. He wasn't the typical big headed ego trip news person like Dan Rather was all the times I worked with him.
    Shep is OK in my book.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have gone up and thanked them for their service. They might have appreciated that.
    I ran into Judge Joe Btown the other day at Range USA. He had just finished some range time. Nice man........ Owns some full auto stuff.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

you should come to Nashville. Long ago I worked in the same building as a recording studio, ran into Aerosmith (scary) Hank jr (nice when sober) Ray Charles, Kid Rock, Billy Ray, billy Gibbons from ZZ Top..actually I held his Les Paul while he loaded his own gear into the elevator.
    he was by far the nicest out of all...even after being up all night recording
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I not much on celebs, but I wouldn't mind meeting Shep's sidekick, the lovely Ms. Jane Skinner.

Usually, I go out of my way to avoid celebreties. There's not that many people I would stand in line to meet. I made an exception for Chuck Norris when he came to SWA. When I was at Ramstein, I avoided J-Lo like the plauge. By all reports, she was a royal pain in the rump. I heard that Kid Rock was WAY cool, though. If you ever get a chance to meet Gail Halvorsen (the Berlin Candy Bomber), I highly recommend it.

My daughter dated Alice Cooper's son in high school. He's the most laid back guy. Always wanted to hold my gun, but never wanted to go shooting.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    The most awe-inspiring celeb I ever ran into was Muhammed Ali in an Office Max. We shook hands and I was thrilled. The guy has a presence even with Parkinson's.

I've also met and had conversations at a couple of events with Paul Williams (songwriter) and George McGovern. Both were nice guys. Conversations were very casual. I've met and had dinner with Mitch Ryder a few times. Nice guy.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

When I met Jeff Foxworthy, he is as personable as they come. A smile a minute...
    Met alot of actors in cali and they weren't impressive at all. An old western movie star lives where I used to live in Ridgecrest, Ca. His name is Kelo Henderson. He's quite the guy. Very personable.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Don't watch much network TV so I don't know any of those guys Mike. I have dealt with big name "news readers" in the past. All were south ends of northbound mules. Sam Donaldson stands out as the worst.

Now a true gentleman is LtCol Oliver North. Whether or not you agree with what he did or whatever, that man is just nice, unpretentious and very gracious with people. His wife is just the nicest lady you'd want to meet. I have been his neighbor both professionally and personally over the years. So have seen more of him than any other famous people.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I met Matt Pinfield, the bald guy that used to be om MTV all the time. He was a real cool guy, i thik he was more excited that i recognized him then me.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Links