Fox News thinks Everything is an Assault Weapon / Denver CO New Years Eve Shooting.

Fox News thinks Everything is an Assault Weapon / Denver CO New Years Eve Shooting.

This is a discussion on Fox News thinks Everything is an Assault Weapon / Denver CO New Years Eve Shooting. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; None of the articles mention the weapon used was an assault weapon. Tragic story, using the family’s death to score political points...sick Fox News is ...

Thread: Fox News thinks Everything is an Assault Weapon / Denver CO New Years Eve Shooting.

None of the articles mention the weapon used was an assault weapon. Tragic story, using the family’s death to score political points...sick

Fox News is putting their spin out again, Let us all remember how important preventing annother AWB is...magazine capacity restrictions are usually felt across the board, and having five or seven less rounds on my side wouldnt make me feel a bit more comfortable..

KDVR told the truth and the news, foxnews.com spun it up...

KDVR Reporter Question: Do you know what caliber... Denver Police Chief Gerry Whitman : "We don’t know what kind of rifle was used, it appears to be a high powered rifle"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319399,00.html

DENVER - Police say an 11-year-old girl and a woman were killed by a single bullet fired into a home from hundreds of yards away Tuesday monring -- possibly by a New Year's reveler. Police spokesman Sonny Jackson says the bizarre shooting may have been accidental. No arrests had been made, but investigators say they don't believe a sniper is on the loose. The victims' names haven't been released. It isn't yet known if they were related.

Police say the pair were at a party with about 10 other people when at least one shot was fired from up to 300 yards away shortly after midnight. Jackson says one bullet went through the front wall of the house, passed through the head of the woman -- who was seated -- and struck the girl in the side. Jackson says investigators traced the trajectory of the shot to determine that the bullet killed both victims. Police believe it may have been fired from the far side of a greenway and hiking trail adjacent to the house. A second bullet was found in a snowbank in front of the home. The woman died at the scene and the girl was pronounced dead at a hospital.
    "What if? If not, who needs seatbelts, life rafts, and fire extingishers. Sure theres other ways, if thats what you want... I know ill be alive, dry, and not on fire!"

G17, G19, G36, PPK/S
    Support the right - www.vcdl.org

VIP Member
    Almost certainly not the "typical" so-called assault weapon here - it's unlikely that either 5.56N or 7.62S would do that at 300 yards. Possible, of course, but a higher caliber is more likely...

Tragic, either way. I hope they catch the scumbags who did it, "accident" or not...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I would expect that from CNN or MSNBC but usually not Fox
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

RE:

Looks like they took it down, I posted this in some other forums and they mentioned the contact fox options They got the article posted without a caption under the picture. Pro-gun +1 Fox 0
    "What if? If not, who needs seatbelts, life rafts, and fire extingishers. Sure theres other ways, if thats what you want... I know ill be alive, dry, and not on fire!"

G17, G19, G36, PPK/S
    Support the right - www.vcdl.org

Faux News got a story wrong? Shocking . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    I would expect that from CNN or MSNBC but usually not Fox
    A reporter is a reporter is a reporter. No matter who they work for or if they are conservative or liberal, all of them are some of the dumbest people I have every had the misfortune to work with and almost none of them are really interested in getting the facts right when it comes to their stories about guns.

I'm not sure what it is about guns that makes them turn into drooling retards but it does it every time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

http://cw2.trb.com/news/kwgn-two-kil...ll=kwgn-home-2
    There is a video link of the brothers interview, a must watch if you want your blood pressure to go up.

Cops: Woman and child killed by man celebrating new year
    "Everyone shoots their guns" on New Year's Eve, says suspect's brother

by Eli Stokols, News2

January 3, 2008

DENVER (KWGN) — The Fort Collins woman and her 11-year-old cousin who were shot and killed while celebrating New Year's Day early Tuesday were both victims of the same stray bullet, fired by another holiday reveler, police said Wednesday.

Rebecca "Becky" Yanez, 48, of Fort Collins was gathered with family and friends inside a house in the 4700 block of West Eleventh Avenue, when the bullet pierced the home's exterior just after midnight. Yanez was hit in the head before the bullet struck Anjelica Martinez, 11, a distant cousin.

Yanez was killed instantly. Anjelica was transported to a hospital where she died.

"It's a tragic time for our family," said Norma Kaholo, Martinez's aunt. "We're grieving for two loved ones."

Pedro Cortez, who was arrested Tuesday and in court Wednesday morning, is suspected of firing the fatal gunshot but has not been formally charged.

According to an affidavit for Cortez's arrest, the suspect told police he had fired a .44 caliber revolver at a streetlight at the corner of Wells Place and Winona Court -- just across Lakewood and Dry Gulch Park from the home where Yanez and Martinez died.

"He's innocent," said Leo Aragon, Cortez's brother. "It was New Year's. Everyone always shoots their guns. This just happened."

Aragon called the two deaths an "accident" and expressed sympathy both for his brother and for the victims' families.

Kaholo, who said Wednesday that the victims' and shooter's families were acquainted, said there was nothing accidental about the two deaths.

"An accident is cleaning a gun," Kaholo said. "This wasn't an accident. What goes up must come down."

Today was not Cortez's first time in court.

A father of two, Cortez was arrested in 1999 and charged with aggravated robbery. He pleaded guilty to the charge and received a 10-year suspended sentence.

Copyright © 2008, KWGN

"Everyone shoots their guns" on New Year's Eve, says suspect's brother

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Wow... I find it hard to believe that a .44 (Mag, even) would penetrate an exterior wall and a skull, and maintain enough energy to kill again, after travelling 300 yards. Perhaps the range was originally overestimated...

In any case, what a horrible situation for the family... And as for the suspect's brother, let me correct his statement: "Every complete idiot with absolutely no respect for human life shoots their guns" on New Year's Eve....

And how is this guy even able to own a firearm - convicted of aggrevated robbery? That's a felony, last I checked...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Mexican Nationals. This is a constant Holiday event, at least here in Denver. For whatever reason, they feel that whatever they do in Mexico, they can do here.

Yet another reason to close the border and have a round up.

Between the MNs and the Gang Bangers, it amazes me that they can shoot point blank at something or someone and miss, yet kill someone at huge distances. There was a gang shooting quite a while back where they missed the intended target right in front of them, yet killed a 1 year old a mile away.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links