Humor tag beats out LEO tag..........

This is a discussion on Humor tag beats out LEO tag.......... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You can't make this stuff up if you tried! Firing range has Bubble Wrap maker popping mad The maker of Bubble Wrap -- the famously ...

Thread: Humor tag beats out LEO tag..........

VIP Member

Humor tag beats out LEO tag..........

You can't make this stuff up if you tried!

Firing range has Bubble Wrap maker popping mad

The maker of Bubble Wrap -- the famously addictive packaging that people love to pop, crackle and stomp on says the popping of gunshots from a nearby police shooting range is giving its employees a headache.

Sealed Air Corp., maker of the cushioned plastic since 1957, says the noise from gunfire at the police department's firing range is "disruptive and unsettling" to its employees, according to a letter sent to borough officials........
    read the rest: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...VFeXk3MjQwMDQy
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I wonder - who was there first?

If the range then tough ''stuff'' ........ the cop's gotta train ya know
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

suck

it

up
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    You can't make this stuff up if you tried!

read the rest: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...VFeXk3MjQwMDQy
    I've got a guy two offices down from me that pops bubble wrap seemingly non-stop. He thinks its funny. Maybe I should send a letter.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

The range was there when they moved in, they didn't sound proof their building. They don't like the sound now, so bubble wrap the building till the sound goes away, they make the stuff.

all I have to say is, you can move a factory a heck of a lot easier than a firing range, tell the guys in the factory to "Pound Sand"!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Another reason to love Texas...In Texas a firing range is exempt from any noise or public disturbance laws...

(5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Its from Jersey..'nuff said.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I wonder - who was there first?

If the range then tough ''stuff'' ........ the cop's gotta train ya know
    Didn't read the article, did ya? Range predates the offices by a lot. This also seems to happen a lot around small airfields.

Actually the range I belong to TRIPLED their membership rates to buy land just to keep this type of thing from happening, because in good old Maryland....... We know who'd lose!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Bubble wrap makers annoyed by popping noises?

Sounds like poetic justice to me....

:o)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Bubble wrap makers annoyed by popping noises?

Sounds like poetic justice to me....

:o)

AGREED!!!

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    It is funny, but it is also sad as it reflects a larger issue of those who come in and devolop at a later date and then complain about whatever facilities are next door.

Here in Oregon we have a large and influential gun club called the Tri County Gun club. A housing devolpment was put in couple of miles away, but still within hearing distance. My in-laws moved into there and I had the occaision to meet one of their neighbors who had just moved up from Kalifornastan. The guy was nearly frothing at the mouth about how dare the club disturb the peace like they did and he informed me that he was getting ready to lead an effort to have them removed.

I informed him that hell would likely freeze over first. When he asked why, I explained how they had been established for more years than I was alive, how many politicians whose support he would need were members there, how they were perfectly legal in an industrial area (next to a rock pit no less), that it was not their fault he chose to live there, how much money they brought in to the local economy by drawing shooters nationally, and so on.

Then the very best thing I informed him was that I would be happy to divulge the location of his residence to the thousands of armed members so that they could come over and have a talk with him and address his concerns face to face.

I think he put his house up for sale about 6 months later.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    It is funny, but it is also sad as it reflects a larger issue of those who come in and devolop at a later date and then complain about whatever facilities are next door.
    I couldn't agree more.

On a semi-related story I read an opinion article (like that's worth anything) in a local paper over the summer about a local complaining about the helicopter noise on Saturdays because the small, local airport (prop planes only) has helicopter rides on Saturdays in the summer. I live close by as well and see it as a normal occurance. Bottom line though, the helicopter rides were there before this guy so he can stick that in his pipe and smoke it.

When moving to a new area you better do your homework and know what's around whether its a shooting range, airport, racetrack or what have you.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Did you say Popping Bubble wrap?

Here ya go!!!

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/bubble-wrap.swf

ps. click on Manic Mode for Full Auto. LOL!!!!

On dark nights one can use 'bubble wrap' for a BUG...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links