Packers Fans

Packers Fans

This is a discussion on Packers Fans within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wonderful Wisconsin husband is a Packers fan. I tolerate football only to the degree that I acknowledge my husband will disappear on front of ...

Thread: Packers Fans

VIP Member

Packers Fans

My wonderful Wisconsin husband is a Packers fan.

I tolerate football only to the degree that I acknowledge my husband will disappear on front of the TV for a few hours on Sunday and Monday and occasionally send our dogs into barking fits over his whoops and hollers.

I somehow found myself conned into making him a Green Bay blanket. I actually started on it last year, but I was crocheting it. I got so sick and tired of green and yellow yarn, and the end finally came when I made two pieces of it with the wrong hook, screwing up the dimensions. I buried the project until my husband started fondling the fuzzy, warm fleece at the local craft store.

So fleece it is. Making a giant 22" perfect oval letter G is a pain in the butt. I didn't want to tile out a giant template on my printer, so I did it the long way, measuring a smaller logo and doing the math to make a big one. I vaguely remember some skills from my high school drafting class. So far I've got the big white G down and hand-stitched it onto the green background, and cut out the green oval to finish the emblem. Maybe I'll machine sew the rest of the blanket. I suck at machine sewing; I'm like a drunk driver with a bobbin and needle.

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Grew up in Wisconsin......DIE HARD fan even through the bad times.

He's a lucky man!

Go Pack!

Just let me take a try at doing that job... then you'll feel like a super star! "A man has got to know his limitations". This guy knows that his limits begin with needles. Sounds like you're doing a good job though! Hang in there... sure he's going to like it.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array PackerBackerToo's Avatar
    The scale of the logo looks great!

My wife took the easy way out - she bought me a Packers fleece blanket.

Senior Moderator
    Nice "G"...nice knife...

Stay armed...even at the table...stay safe!
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    That blanket would be much better if it were black and orange in a tiger stripe pattern.

You must be a nice wife to make your husband something like that though. My wife would laugh at me and tell me to turn up the heat if I were cold watching football.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

VIP Member
    *sigh*

Yeah, the things women get suckered into doing when they're in love...
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Sponsored Links