I swore I'd never .......

This is a discussion on I swore I'd never ....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Buy an MP3 player deal!! But today impetuosity got the better of me!!! I had to pick up something for my wife and Circuit City ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I swore I'd never .......

Assistant Administrator

Buy an MP3 player deal!!

But today impetuosity got the better of me!!! I had to pick up something for my wife and Circuit City was close by. Wandered in looking for any real cheap sale deals on USB flash drives - nothing there so - looked around.

Spotted a Philips 1Gb Mp3 player (with FM tuner) - damn!! With tax hardly over $40 - sheesh - all this technology for so little. No bigger than about 4" x 1" - and just one AAA battery. Incredible!

I have been anti anything that ''isolates'' me from my environment but - hey - keep volume down enough and I can here all normal sounds OK. Pink Floyd is on the scene once again

Set it up on puter and threw a huge quantity of files on it - numerous folders - all good to make finding the music type easily. I think I'll be ripping some more CD's very soon!

Gotta say - the ''stuff'' out there these days is amazing.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ripping all of your CD's to the computer is a pain at first but once you have all of them on there the things you can do with them are amazing.
    Put them on an MP3 player, email them to someone, or copy dozens of them onto 1 CD and play them in your CD player in the car.
    It took me 3 days to rip my whole collection but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Pink Floyd is on the scene once again
    Long Live Floyd!
    Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Clapton (w/ Cream, Derek & the Dominos, etc...), Santana, Steely Dan, The Who, etc.... too!

Congrats on joining the tech revolution.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

Pink Floyd is on the scene once again
    Really?

Assistant Administrator
    Congrats on joining the tech revolution.
    Hahaha - well in this instance I guess yes but - apart from that joined ''the revolution'' way back - first major work computer was 1995. Just resisted all this MP3 and iPod stuff for ages

Have to say - lower prices and more for the buck is great
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My loving daughters just replaced my old 8-track with a simple Ipod shuffle that even I can understand. They loaded it up with all my old favorites and gave it to me before I took off for a motorcycle rally up in the 4-corners area. That little sucker (the size of a matchbook) has over 250 songs on it and the battery lasted for over 16 hours of riding! Greatest thing in the world riding across the barren Navajo Reservation! Guess I need to keep up with electronics...

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I will wait for 8 tracks to come back

Lead Moderator
    Very nice. I use one I bought for $30 while exercising . Much better than my old cassette walkman.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Do we tell him about radio shows he can download and listen at his leisure?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    What is an 8 track tape?
    Is that something new?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Buy an MP3 player deal!!

But today impetuosity got the better of me!!! I had to pick up something for my wife and Circuit City was close by. Wandered in looking for any real cheap sale deals on USB flash drives - nothing there so - looked around.

Spotted a Philips 1Gb Mp3 player (with FM tuner) - damn!! With tax hardly over $40 - sheesh - all this technology for so little. No bigger than about 4" x 1" - and just one AAA battery. Incredible!

I have been anti anything that ''isolates'' me from my environment but - hey - keep volume down enough and I can here all normal sounds OK. Pink Floyd is on the scene once again

Set it up on puter and threw a huge quantity of files on it - numerous folders - all good to make finding the music type easily. I think I'll be ripping some more CD's very soon!

Now take that and your cell phone to a local Ford store and have them show you a car with Sync. Truly amazing.

got one for xmas from the kids. i think there great.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

My daughters got IPOD's for Christmas so I "inherited" my youngest daughters MP3.......she's been helping me get George Stright and Jimmy Buffett loaded.
    Maybe in a couple of paydays I'll 'upgrade' to one with the FM tuner.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I just recently purchased a 4GB Ipod Nano for $150. It's much nicer than having to constantly switch CDs while driving, just to listen to certain songs.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Buy an MP3 player deal!!

Chris, if this mp3 player connects with a USB connection, you can use it as a USB flash drive. That's all MP3 players really are, a USB flash drive with playback capabilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links