2 -vs- 12 armed with...skateboards???

This is a discussion on 2 -vs- 12 armed with...skateboards??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 12 against 2, but I do think a pistol would have evened the odds real quick. I tend to think in a situation like this, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 -vs- 12 armed with...skateboards???

12 against 2, but I do think a pistol would have evened the odds real quick. I tend to think in a situation like this, dropping one or two of them would "break the ambush"

Skateboard Attack
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    What were they doing during the attack? Waiting for the light to turn green? Why didn't they just drive away??

OK, I see how it is... I post a thread about 4 on 1, and you come back with 12 on 2... I'm kidding.

That would suck. I'll bet they would scatter like rats when the first attacker took a round to the head. Did I write that out loud??? Sorry. What I meant was- You should hit the gas and get ou tof there.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    What were they doing during the attack? Waiting for the light to turn green? Why didn't they just drive away??
    Exactly what I was thinking... They're in a car, 12 punks with skateboards come up and start beating their car... Then the punks break out a window and start beating THEM.... Hmm...

"OH MY GOD! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! Let's just sit here and let them beat the $h!7 out of our car while we sit here and wait to die!" ...

They were in a 2-ton weapon.... There's not a judge in the land that wouldn't have called it clear cut self defense if they ran over a few of those punks....

This baffles me. If their car was still operational, there's absolutely no excuse for stupidity of this level... I hope they catch these kids, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    I'll bet they would scatter like rats when the first attacker took a round to the head. Did I write that out loud??? Sorry.
    I just about fell out of my chair on that one.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

Did they forget where the go peddle was.

Agree with the "gas pedal" comments. If, for some reason, I couldn't drive away(boxed in or something), then I think after a few of their friends went down from my defensive fire, the rest would take off.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    Agree with the "gas pedal" comments. If, for some reason, I couldn't drive away(boxed in or something), then I think after a few of their friends went down from my defensive fire, the rest would take off.
    Unless one of them has a gun, I'm using my car before going for a weapon. I'll push whoever's in front of me out of the way, hop a curb, run a light, whatever. It's better than a 12 vs 1 or 2 fight.
    Car bumpers, tires, CV joints (and whatever else you'd wreck) are replaceable - my ***** is not.

If one of them had a gun, the situation immediately changes - those with weapons are going down first, and if the rest are stupid enough to stick around... that's their problem.

Edit: After thinking about it... If you're in a rear wheel drive car with some decent power, why not do some doughnuts? Somewhere between the screeching, smoking tires and the 2-ton car swinging around wildly, I bet they'd leave... quickly...

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

I don't get it myself. I'm guessing it was just another example of living in condition white. I wonder, sheep are white, condition white..wonder if there's a correlation

Rule 1 never bring a skateboard to a carfight
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Nobody ever said that SHEEP were smart

Distinguished Member
    Sometimes you have to help your self!!!! Maybe they were in one of those "no skate boards allowed" areas, and felt safe.

If the Lexus was functional, and they chose not to do anything, well it is kinda hard to feel sorry for them.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I think they dialed 911, and was told to wait for the police

run em over!

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    I wonder if the reason she didn't just drive off was that she simply panicked? If one has never practiced or even contemplated what they would do, it is easy so see how the mental "neutral" gear could be selected.

I'm on board with the "drive off, over some of them if necessary" plan.

If, for some reason, the vehicle isn't drivable then the situations changes.

Playing by Florida rules, the vehicle is is also covered by the Castle Doctrine, and the law presumes that any person attempting to forcibly and unlawfully enter an occupied motor vehicle does so with the intent of committing a violent felony and further presumes that any person in such a vehicle who deploys deadly force to defend themselves has done so out of a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury.

Once the first window gets smashed in, I might well test kylebce's rat theory.

One thing is certain - I'm not going to play the Reginald Denny role......

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Wow. The lady "Maria" was driving apparently. Maybe she couldn't reach the gas pedal from the fetal position. Her husband Jason felt "fear, absolute fear" -interesting story. I have a sister-in-law from San Jose....I wonder how she would react in a similar situation....I imagine it would be the same.

Austin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links