First Robotics Program

First Robotics Program

This is a discussion on First Robotics Program within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know there are a lot of mechanically, tool, engineers, and computer inclined people on this board so I'm asking that you contact your local ...

Thread: First Robotics Program

First Robotics Program

I know there are a lot of mechanically, tool, engineers, and computer inclined people on this board so I'm asking that you contact your local HS and volunteer for a First Robotics team in your area. Help give back to the community by helping mentor students in building a robot.

This years competition will be announced shortly, but should be a very fun and challenging experience.

http://www.usfirst.org/

Last year they had to build a robot to put inter tubes onto a rack in the center of a field. One challenge was to do it autonomously too!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I've used IFI Robotics gear in my combat robots (Battlebots, NERC, etc.). Without US First, most of the folks I've competed against wouldn't have been involved in the program. It's something I believe in 100%, and my company is involved locally.

Links