Don't depend on OC spray . . .

This is a discussion on Don't depend on OC spray . . . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It doesn't necessarily incapacitate: http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...Content=140255...

Thread: Don't depend on OC spray . . .

Don't depend on OC spray . . .

It doesn't necessarily incapacitate:

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...Content=140255
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

It makes me blind but gets my adrenaline going something fierce. I broke two fingers hitting my instructor, who suffered a fractured cheek and broken nose.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Been there done that. Almost the same course actually. Some of our stages were in different order, and the ending was quite different. In this one, she had a shotgun and had to retain it, then give commands. In ours we had a baton and a guy in a padded suit we had to beat to the ground, then retain the baton while cuffing him. Man I kept dropping my baton - you put it behind your knee when you kneel down - and they kept having another guy in a suit come tackle me. I eventually got pissed and started beating the guys where the pads weren't (the backs of the legs, the wrists) and then they cut it out.

The stuff burns. It feels like there is sand in your eyes, and they are on fire, and it gets in your throat and feels like your throat is swollen shut and you can't breathe. It sucks for days afterwards too FWIW.

If someone pulls OC out, they will likely get shot. It doesn't make you completely helpless, but close enough. You'll notice in the video that no one ever attacks her. The guys with pads were totally taking it easy on her....and they're pads. They don't really hurt you. If they had a knife, or even a few good strikes, she would be dead quick.

The purpose of this training is to let you know what its like so you won't freak out if you ever do get sprayed. You'll know what to expect, it will suck, and hopefully you will have lots of guys with shields and metal batons surrounding you...

Just my $0.02

Austin

Links