Any brewers out there?

This is a discussion on Any brewers out there? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been homebrewing beer for 13 years. It's a fun hobby and tastes great! I started, like most, with extract brewing, and now I do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any brewers out there?

Any brewers out there?

I've been homebrewing beer for 13 years. It's a fun hobby and tastes great!

I started, like most, with extract brewing, and now I do grain steeping and partial mashes. I'm about to make the jump to all-grain.

My best recipie is for heavy nut-brown ale. It's not too heavy bodied, and even non beer drinkers like it.

Is there anyone else here that's been bitten by this bug?

2. Remove Ads

I learned home-brewing when I was a kid. We did it in an open crock with cheesecloth over the top, and watched as the bubbles subsided to know when to add a little sugar and bottle! Things have changed!

I do. I stage 2 brew like you. I keep wanting to brew something new but always seem to go back to the pale ale because I like it so much. Apricot Pale is where it's at for me.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I'm an official taste tester!

Not yet, but I have been looking into it. I think it would be a good thing to know.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Absolutely! I've got a brown ale, a bourbon barrel porter, and a belgian ale in the kegerator right now! In fact, I think I'll go pour a pint...

Brian

I did when I had a more permanent place - look forward to getting back into it when things settle down some. I did grain steeps, but then I would also use malt syrup. My favorite was a Porter, but I made lots that turned out great! I'd like to eventually grow my own grain and hops, and do it all at home.

Austin

Yep, but not nearly enough. I have not gotten into the steeping process yet, there just doesn't seem to be enough time for all the hobbies, that I enjoy.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Tried wine making as a kid.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I'm an a official taste tester. If youall will send a case I will get back in a later post as to how good they are. LOL
    If I can find my P.C. ok?
    Geo.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Long-time brewer (12 yrs) here. :)
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

yep. been brewing for years. almost exclusively all-grain, though I will do an extract/specialty grain or extract/partial mash from time to time. My specialties are meads, cider/perry, brown ales, and Scottish ales. I also do liqueurs. Used to compete and judge. After I had to stop drinking because of my kidneys, I started teaching. Still love it, though.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Haven't made a batch in a while, but used to brew some fine mead and ales!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I make a great IPA because I am a real hop-head.

Steve
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

I just ordered up ingredients for 2 new batches. One will be my regular nut-brown recipie, and the other will be an experiment. Will it be amber? Will it be dark? Only the grains will know for sure!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    What do you use/where do you get your supplies? I know there was Mr. Beer shop walking distance from my house,but I'm unsure if they are still open(never went out there.)

I do enjoy beer, I wonder if I could make a good home brew. I prefer Newcastle, Tecate, Yuenglin,Icehouse,..

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links