This is a discussion on Rules within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Recieved this E-Mail from my bigand much ( older ) brother, Swifty
I especially like the #1 rule.
To all you old law dogs now ...
January 12th, 2008 07:54 AM
Recieved this E-Mail from my bigand much ( older ) brother, Swifty
I especially like the #1 rule.
To all you old law dogs now just lyin' in the shade, current pistoleros and other fervent Second Amendment believers: I would rather be your friend, but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and efficient enemy.
This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. As John Steinbeck once said :
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall.
5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)
6. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?". The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46."
7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle." (Winchester Model 94 30-30 Cal. and loaded with Winchester Silver Tips, no doubt).
9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
To this I will add my comments. I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said "well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, "of course it is loaded." She then asked, "Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?" My reply was,"No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching afire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED."
PS, He'll more than likely kill me now
January 12th, 2008 10:11 AM
I sigh at the veracity of #4. It really is the case.
#7 also made me think of how, with monotonous regularity, people are shot with "unloaded" guns.
Thanks for the list.
"We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters
January 12th, 2008 10:56 AM
January 12th, 2008 11:56 AM
I've always liked these a lot. And I also feel sick that #4 is totally true.
January 12th, 2008 12:03 PM
Yup. Probably the simplest and best point of the lot. You can't know when or where, with crime. It's why I carry and train.
Originally Posted by Rhome
Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
self defense (A.O.J.).
How does disarming
the number of victims?
Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.
January 12th, 2008 02:55 PM
January 12th, 2008 05:49 PM
By kdydak in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
Last Post: March 28th, 2010, 10:56 PM
By tbrenke in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: November 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
By MP45CDE in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: October 28th, 2008, 11:20 PM
By Captain Crunch in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: November 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM