Got the new CDNN catalog today

This is a discussion on Got the new CDNN catalog today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone see anything good? Haven't actually read it yet....

Thread: Got the new CDNN catalog today

Anyone see anything good? Haven't actually read it yet.

Not really that i saw but didnt study it closely

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - to be honest right now - I am hardly scanning the latest catalogs - CDNN, Midway, oh so many!

Reason? I am in a hiatus where I choose not to be spending out, probably for some while. Leastways - not on actual ''shootin' irons''. Consumables, that is always budgetted for naturally.

Frankly, with gas going up so much and some others prices too - and we have yet to see the full ''knock-on'' effects I fear - I am trimming my cloth somewhat. I am fortunate in that I have about achieved the collection I want - only a 460 is in my thinking but it won't happen unless I sell some to buy one!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm not really itching for anything either. Just making conversation. And every once in a while CDNN just blows me away with a price.

The problem is it has to be a very excellent deal because I have to have it transferred and can't get that done locally for less than $40-$60ish after all the fees.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow Euc, that is spendy for t'fer!! I have no excuse in that respect - my guy is solid $10 each and any time. He has had quite a bit of business from me over time tho.

You are so right - I have seen something every time in CDNN's catalog that I could so easily just say ''go for it'' - some very attractive deals. In fact I'd guarantee if I look now, I just might weaken as I see another ''oh well - why not'' LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW Euc - totally off topic but wanted to ask - how is your Dad doing now? I hope he is on the mend after being sliced and diced!!
    Chris - P95

Well he scared the crap out of us all and he is very sore and moving at all hurts. This is to be expected as he was cut open. I've not spoken to him but he is conscious. He's staying in a hotel about 4 blocks from the hospital (With my mother) all this week, until Friday or so in the event of infection. He's also a bit fragile at the moment so a 6 hour car trip is probably not a good idea just yet.

My mother refuses adamantly to drive on long trips any more, so they're going to be there until he feels up to it. She doesn't even like going to other places alone any more. When we went to Houston briefly she forced him to drive and me to ride shotgun.

Yesterday he worked up the nerve to actually go to Target. He rode the little scooter. He has a timer that goes off every 15 minutes and when it does he has to drink so many ounces of fluid.

Taking the conversation back to guns for a minute, I'm going to pressure the rest of the clan to go in with me on a P22 this Christmas. He's wanted one ever since they first came out for no good reason at all other than he thinks it would be so much fun. Personally I don't care for the P22 next to the Browning and Ruger offerings out there, but it ain't for me! Plus I have to admit that the barrel extension gives it a certain cool factor and the ergonomics are appealing. I just don't think a little .22 shoud be a picky eater. That and the last time anybody gave him a gun was when he was 8 and his dad gave him a single shot .22 rifle from the hardware store.

He's had to give up a lot of things he wants and could really use for the past several years. My brother took a lot of his tools when he went off to school to become a mechanic, I killed his chances of getting a new truck last year when he had to make my truck payments for 8 months, and my sister is bleeding him dry. She's on her third laptop. I think it's time he got something he just wants for no good reason.

Also, if I talk them into it, I'll have an excuse to go buy a P22 and test it for ammunition reliability and function of course.

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for update Euc. It'll be quite a long haul of course.

Hmmm P22 - well not my choice either but - hey if one is aquired and you get to put it thru its paces - be interested to hear your verdict!
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Glad to hear about your Dad's recovery, Euc...sure beats the alternative.

I was going through the new CDNN catalog today, and, impulse shopper that I am, was drawn to the Colt ad on page 19.
    "Colt SP1 AR-15 in used (very good to excellent!!) condition for $999" Marked S.D.D.C.I. (whatever the heck that means )

Now, my short list for "gotta have (or at least, really, really want) rifles" doesn't include a used Colt SP1....but does anybody think this might actually be a good deal? I've made several purchases from CDNN and was always pleased at the product delivered. I just don't know that much about SP1's.

Other than that, not much else jumped out at me from the catalog.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Links