Do you trust the media ? - Page 2

Do you trust the media ?

This is a discussion on Do you trust the media ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do you trust the media ? About as far as I could throw my couch....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust the media ?

Administrator
    Do you trust the media ?

About as far as I could throw my couch.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Do you trust the media ?

About as far as I could throw my couch.

For me, I usually say as far as I could throw the battleship New Jersey.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Trust them? No,the media is bought and paid for.

eww
    No I do not.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I listen to talk radio. They seem to have it strait. Mainly the Warroom with Quinn and Rose, but I also listen to Beck and Rush when I can.

I don't trust the news media but I trust youtube even less. I depend on the rumor mill and grapevine for all my facts. Everyone knows Jack Ruby was on the grassy knoll but missed.

As fire chief and as acting police chief, as superintendent and as chief operator, I was mis-quoted by the media on a number of occasions; my words were excerpted and taken out of context; and quotes were attributed to me that I never made.
    Do I trust the media?
    NO!!!
    No claims of expertise. Just experience.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ibez View Post
    do you trust the media?
    Almost as much as I trust politicians.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Sky Pilot, I'm right there with you. I've been involved in a number (not a ton, but enough) of situations that were reported on in various forms by "the media." In every single case, there were major mistakes of fact. In none of the cases were these mistakes corrected.

Whenever I see something on the news that I have first hand knowledge about, it is ALWAYS wrong in some way. I can only assume that they are just as wrong in other areas - I just don't know any better.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I first stopped trusting the media over 40 years ago when I was directly involved in a national news story which went on for days. The media simply couldn't seem to get the story straight even when given the facts and had them explained to them "slowly". Instead, they dealt directly from what seemed their own biases and agendas. What was actually happening bore only a passing resemblance to what was being reported.

The media's enduring tendency is to twist facts and eliminate others which don't fit their template. This is most noticeable when they are dealing from a Liberal bias - the view which comprises the vast majority of those embedded in the mainstream media.

Trust them only to get most stories incomplete, wrong, or simply biased. Sometimes they are merely lazy, sometimes merely ignorant, but almost always they are biased. If you want to see this on display, watch the daily Pentagon or daily White House briefings on CSpan and note the reporters' attitudes and their questions.

It's not that they don't have a clue. It's that they have a world-view they are trying to market. Most times it is the same old Leftist view peddled in Jouralism School and the bulk of American "higher education". Once in a while an honest story with a proportional view creeps in, but it is more the exception than the rule.

The media almost always has a dog in the fight and they know how to back it while pretending they are only interested in "the truth".

Democrats who do not have to face voters we call "reporters" - Ann Coulter
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that . . . it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. . . ." Letter from Thomas Jefferson to Justice John Cartwright (June 5, 1824)

there isnt a single person out there who isnt bias
    doesnt matter where you go. whether its tv, radio, or internet. its all the same
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Do you trust the media ?
    Are you serious?

VIP Member
    Trust the media? ABSOLUTELY NOT (don't get me started )

IMO the media is less about fairness, accuracy and truth, but more about their ratings and beating their competition. They want to be the first with a sensationalized news story. Just as we're licensed to carry a weapon, and screwing up will cause us to lose that license, I think that journalists should be licensed as well, and they should be held to a level of accuracy or lose their license to report news. I think it's hazardous for negligent journalism to mislead, misinform or panic the public.

I'm sure there are some competent and responsible journalists out there, but I think they are a rarity.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Do I trust the media?? Sure, just like I believe in the easter bunny and tooth fairy!!

Administrator
    I trust Quinn & Rose & Michael Savage & Cunningham. Glenn Beck grates on my nerves.
    That's about it.
    They are not really officially "News Media" they are opinion commentators.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links