Watch Cat's...

This is a discussion on Watch Cat's... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Late last night my "Watch Cat" started going nuts jumping from window to window. So I grabbed the .45 with the TAC light and went ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Cat's...

Question Watch Cat's...

Late last night my "Watch Cat" started going nuts jumping from window to window. So I grabbed the .45 with the TAC light and went out for a look, what I found was a Coyote heading out to the duck barn, X one Coyote.

A long time ago I realized that when the Cat starts acting strange I really need to find out what is going on, water in the basement, someone outside, there is a reason to go for a look.

So how many of you that have cats actually pay attention to what they are doing and act on it, N if so what did you find?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

If my (wife's) cat did anything except move from the couch, to the food bowl, to the litter area, and back... I'd probably take it to the vet for a check up. Laziest darned creature on the planet.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

i have never noticed out cat doing funny things when anything bad is going on, but he does run back and forth between the window and the door barking when my fiance gets home
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Much as my wife would like one, we can't have any.......

.......cats are allergic to me.

Senior Moderator
    Our cats always look out the window whenever anyone pulls up
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

When my cats start making a lot of noise at night... I show up Sig and flashlight in hand. Usually a cat or another animal outside.

VIP Member
    We've got 3 cats that live with us. It's been real interesting observing their different personalities, I think ours are pretty darned smart. They don't have a lot of facial expressions, but they know what's going on around them though they may look disinterested. We've been sitting in our tv room and all of a sudden a couple of them will suddenly get up, leave the room, and peak around the corner to look at something? Obviously they heard a noise, and I didn't, so I'm right behind them checking also. They hear a lot better than we do, and have good eyesight. I know they recognize and remember everyone in our family by looking at us, mostly in the face. They definitely know when a stranger is nearby.

As far as watch animals, a dog would be much better, but some cats are wary of visitors and it is possible to read their reaction for a heads-up. I can't say our cats have ever saved us from a fire or burglary, but if they scramble out of our room in the middle of the night, I know something is really wrong somewhere?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

cats greet us at door
    they respond to other people and or critters that "show" up

VIP Member

Missy is always checking windows for strange animals. If they are of the 4 legged variety, she growls. If they are of the 2 legged variety, well... you can tell.

With Krysty, this is a s good as it gets watch-wise.

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Miggy, looks like Missy should have one of those signs above her saying...Make my day Punk!

VIP Member
    LOL!! Indeed but the sad truth is that she was mad at me for intruding in her space with the rommy.

What she actually does when she sees a strange person is to take off and knock every piece of furniture until she gets under our bed. The commotion will wake up everybody in the house.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    My 8 week old kittens are more concerned with playing/running accross the bed at 4am at the moment,...LOL. They also discovered if they attack at random the "strange lumps" under the blanket at the end of the bed (aka my feet) that they suddenly spring to life,and become a playtoy. (bleeding toes in the middle of the night! fun stuff!)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    My wife's cats run when they think anything out of the ordinary is taking place. They regularly run from me, too, for little or no apparent reason.

It would have to be something pretty bad for them to behave so differently than normal that we would notice.

On the plus side, however, one of them is an extremely laid-back animal. Pleasant to be around.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I have two cats. Ive had 4 over the years, and, ive learned that a cats reaction to external noises are as good as most dogs. Dogs just react differently then cats do.

As my avatar shows, my boy usually takes care of the problem himself! Our neighborhood is pretty much dog free.
    John -
    "The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links