Cloverfield

Cloverfield

This is a discussion on Cloverfield within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone seen it yet? What's it like? Do you ever get to see the nasties?...

Thread: Cloverfield

Cloverfield

Has anyone seen it yet? What's it like? Do you ever get to see the nasties?
    "Islam is not your friend"

DO NOT GO SEE IT. I went today and thought it was the worst movie ever. I will not ruin it in case someone does want to waste the $9.00 for the ticket.
    Last edited by mslaughtertx; January 19th, 2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Had to add more

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I thought it was pretty good. It is different. You are viewing the movie like in The Blair Witch Project, so it looks homemade. Very interesting. It's at least worth watching once to see if you like it.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Easily the worst movie I've seen this year (I go to a movie about once a week). It makes the Blair Witch Project look coherent. "In The Name Of The King" is better, and I didn't care too much for that.

It has that same jumpy "this is being filmed for real by an amateur" look as the BWP, you don't care about the characters, even at the end of the movie, nothing is explained, and the ending doesn't even make sense.

At least "I Am Legend" had a dog in it.

Now if you want to see a really funny movie, take your wife/girlfriend/significant other to "27 Dresses". You'll laugh all through the movie and get credit for taking her to a chick flick.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I wanted to see cloverfeild,previews look awsome,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Easily the worst movie I've seen this year (I go to a movie about once a week). It makes the Blair Witch Project look coherent. "In The Name Of The King" is better, and I didn't care too much for that.

It has that same jumpy "this is being filmed for real by an amateur" look as the BWP, you don't care about the characters, even at the end of the movie, nothing is explained, and the ending doesn't even make sense.

At least "I Am Legend" had a dog in it.

Now if you want to see a really funny movie, take your wife/girlfriend/significant other to "27 Dresses". You'll laugh all through the movie and get credit for taking her to a chick flick.

Thank god there is intelligent life out there. As I posted before, DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE unless you feel like wasting the $9.00

I saw it Friday. I really liked it, yes you see the nasties, very good movie.
    It's not a chick flick for sure. You have to pay close attention to the end of the movie for it to make sense and it does. I really like this type of filming, the single hand held camcorder done by a professional to look like home made. Certainly not a movie every one can appreciate.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

my fiance told me that he saw it.. so that i dont have to.
    he thought it was bad and made him want to puke because of the camera shots.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Links