Thompson out

This is a discussion on Thompson out within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; not going post story but just heard fred thompson has dropped out of race(i belivie because of primary results....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson out

Thompson out

not going post story but just heard fred thompson has
    dropped out of race(i belivie because of primary results.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

2. Remove Ads

He's been out or rather out of it acting and seeming since late November.
    I'm surprised he decided to hold on this long. Over the past 90 days he didn't seem to act like a person who wanted the job. Not to mention he had his wife run his campaign which wasn't the smartest of moves.

ABC News: He's Out -- Fred Thompson Drops His '08 Presidential Bid

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Not to mention he had his wife run his campaign which wasn't the smartest of moves.- Janq
    Unless he was really expecting to drop out, and figured he'd keep the bucks in the family.

Thompson just never showed much energy, before or after he announced. It's like he was dragged into it.

It'll be interesting to see in Huckabee gets a bounce in the south from Thompson supporters.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

He booted his prior campaign manager within two months of entering and his wife was running the show pretty much fro the start so says the guy who left.

He'd acted like he was interested up to roughly Thanksgiving, and then all the sudden his sails folded.
    I never took him as a serious or viable candidate though anyway.
    He and Mike Gravel (D-AK) were in the same boat only at opposite ends as they rowed.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

BAC
    I imagine his real sick mom has a lot to do with his dropping out, too. Not fond of the guy (at all), but I wish his family well.

My predictions are Giuliani next (after Florida or Super Tuesday, at the latest), and depending on Florida and Super Tuesday, Huckabee to follow. Romney and Paul both have the financial staying power to stick it out to the nomination, and McCain's a wild card and still doesn't have much money (but I don't think he's in as much financial trouble as Huckabee).

-B

VIP Member
    The bad thing about him quitting is that the only other candidate that is truly 2A friendly in Paul. All the others, I feel will betray us at some point.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'm afraid it will end up picking the lesser of evils!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post

Or vote for a third party

Don't like to but I have done it before.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Angry Good Projection!

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    ............the only other candidate that is truly 2A friendly in Paul. All the others, I feel will betray us at some point.
    Exactly right, Sir!

Isn't Huck a CCW holder? Those who would vote for a third party or don't vote are in fact really voting for Osamma or Billary!

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    How is this different from other elections? You pick the candidate who disturbs you the least.
    Gotta love the 2 party system and a one party population.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryes View Post
    Isn't Huck a CCW holder? Those who would vote for a third party or don't vote are in fact really voting for Osamma or Billary!
    That's exactly what got us into a two-party system that fails to represent the people.

Vote exactly as your conscience, intellect, and trust tells you to. At least you'd then have the right to hold your head up when people around you moan about a poor choice, knowing you made the right one and in your small way fought the good fight.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    The bad thing about him quitting is that the only other candidate that is truly 2A friendly in Paul. All the others, I feel will betray us at some point.
    I agree 100%!

I'm still not sure I understand what all the hubbub is about Paul. Is there something wrong with:

Expecting the value of our dollar to be based on something?
    Smaller, less intrusive government?
    Not meddling in the affairs of foreign governments?
    Fixing our tax fiasco?

No facts to back it up, but I assume many voters are single issue voters. And the single issue that Paul is above all others on is our 2nd Amendment Rights?

Quote Originally Posted by LARRYES View Post
    Those who would vote for a third party or don't vote are in fact really voting for Osamma or Billary!
    I understand the reasoning behind this statement, I just don't agree with it. Casting my vote for a third party candidate is NOT voting for Osama or Hillary. If Osama or Hillary wins because I didn't cast my vote for some other Republican just means that the Republican shouldn't have won in the first place. Voting for an individual simply because he/she has an "R" next to their name, instead of what they stand for, tells me you're more of a than I imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Vote exactly as your conscience, intellect, and trust tells you to.
    Again, I agree 100%.

Personally, I'll be casting my vote for Paul. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but I agree with more of his positions than any other candidate.

I'm not trying to persuade you to vote for Paul. Just vote your conscience. Even if it means 3rd party.

Would you also bet your hard earned money on a VW bug in a nascar race? About the same chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    Would you also bet your hard earned money on a VW bug in a nascar race? About the same chance of winning.

Nope.

Although I think your analogy is, though not necessarily flawed, irrelevant to my point.

I'm sick and tired of voting for the "lesser of two evils". I think that anyone elected, other than Paul, will continue with politics as usual. And I think that's bad for the country. Therefore I can't vote for anyone else in good conscience.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Vote for who you think represents your views the best, not for the person you think will win. If you're going to vote for the person you think will win, why vote? There's no need (remember? They're going to win.)

If someone else wins the election, so be it. But, as BAC said:
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    At least you'd then have the right to hold your head up when people around you moan about a poor choice, knowing you made the right one and in your small way fought the good fight.
    BTW, moderators, if this is getting out of hand, feel free to close this thread. (Like you need my permission )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links