Paper and cardboard

Paper and cardboard

This is a discussion on Paper and cardboard within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Paper and cardboard--how do you see it? Ever find yourself not wanting to throw away that pizza box? That paper plate that doesn't look like ...

Thread: Paper and cardboard

Paper and cardboard

Paper and cardboard--how do you see it? Ever find yourself not wanting to throw away that pizza box? That paper plate that doesn't look like it's been used, but you won't again for health reasons? Just taking out the trash tonight and thought--jeez, I look at all that stuff as potential practice targets! Two Mazzio's medium pizza boxes that got the lids tore off them, and three 9" paper plates that got used to eat the contents last night. Needless to say, I'm saving on trash bags and I've been doing this for a long time! Anyone else support this conservation idea?

One step ahead of ya. I've been using every Rosie O'donnell pic I come across for some time now.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    One step ahead of ya. I've been using every Rosie O'donnell pic I come across for some time now.
    You had to mention 'that' now? I'm eating! --no respect I tell ya---no respect. (LOL) I can relate-however, my print cartridges aint cheap! +1 LOL!

About 80% by volume of the trash that goes into most landfills is paper, cardboard and other combustible packaging materials. I've worked in power plants for the last 23 years, and my first job was in a "waste to energy" plant that burned everything that the local garbage service collected. The ratio of trucks that hauled the trash in to the ones that hauled what was left out after burning was around 5 to 1 and consisted of mostly glass and metal.

I'm no tree hugger but I do see some huge benefits to recycling and reusing as much of our natural resorces as we can.

(Those pizza boxes make great target backing!)

Ron

Good tip on using pizza boxes, esp. since around here they won't recycle them (something about the cheeses, oils making it difficult to process).
    As far as the recycling we do everything we can, not really a big deal just toss everything in our recycle garbage cans in the garage and take to the transfer station every once in a great while. We used to get curbside pickup, but city decided to stop.

-- Kirk.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

When I need targets I just dig through my recycle bin. After I shoot them up I just throw them back in the bin. I like cans and plastic bottles, good reactive targets. I don't go to regular ranges. I target shoot in the mountains. I always bring back more then I take. I go to places other people shoot and bring back their trash. I usually pick up brass to use in jewerly and other craft work. I use empty shotgun shells to shoot at.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You had to mention 'that' now? I'm eating! --no respect I tell ya---no respect. (LOL) I can relate-however, my print cartridges aint cheap! +1 LOL!
    Does the mention of her name ruin your appetite, or are you afraid she will break in and steal your dinner.

Sponsored Links