Lil'Wayne Has FL CCW

This is a discussion on Lil'Wayne Has FL CCW within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw this: Rapper Lil Wayne Arrested In Yuma - Local News Story - KPHO Phoenix PHOENIX -- Rapper Lil Wayne was arrested on three ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil'Wayne Has FL CCW

Lil'Wayne Has FL CCW

Just saw this:

Rapper Lil Wayne Arrested In Yuma - Local News Story - KPHO Phoenix

PHOENIX -- Rapper Lil Wayne was arrested on three felony drug charges early Wednesday after federal agents said they found illegal drugs including cocaine on his charter bus at a checkpoint in southwestern Arizona.

Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was being held at the Yuma County Sheriff's jail on state drug charges, Capt. Eben Bratcher said.

Carter appeared via video arraignment late Wednesday morning in a justice court in Wellton, 35 miles east of Yuma.
    James Tilson, a local attorney retained by Carter, said his client was not formally charged and his next court date was scheduled for Jan. 25.
    "We will find out by Jan. 25 whether or not the (Yuma) county attorney will file charges or not," Tilson said. "He is looking forward to his day in court. That's all I can say right now."
    His bond was set at $10,185. Tilson said they were working on his release.
    The 25-year-old faces charges of possession of dangerous drugs, narcotics and drug paraphernalia.
    Bratcher said Carter's bus was stopped at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at a Border Patrol checkpoint near Dateland, Ariz., 78 miles east of Yuma.
    Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Ramona Sanchez said a Border Patrol canine unit alerted agents to the presence of illegal drugs on the bus. A search yielded nearly four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstacy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia and DEA agents then arrested Carter.
    Officials also found a .40-caliber pistol registered to Carter, who has a concealed weapons permit in Florida. Authorities are looking into whether he violated any weapons laws in Arizona.
    Carter, who was traveling with 11 others, was heading east, likely coming from California.
    Two other men were arrested with him, Bratcher said. They each face a charge of possession of marijuana.
    In October, Carter and several other rappers were named in a federal lawsuit filed by music publishing companies, accusing them of sampling other artists' songs without paying licensing fees.
    Rapper Birdman and Lil Wayne won a viewers' choice award for their song "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" at Black Entertainment Television's 2007 Hip-Hop Awards.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I hope he is losing his CCW, and will spend some quality time in a small confining space.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Florida's CCW is honored in AZ, but the felony convictions should cause him to lose it. Now if he indeed was coming from California (and on that highway, he had to be) carrying there, even with a FL license is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Florida's CCW is honored in AZ, but the felony convictions should cause him to lose it. Now if he indeed was coming from California (and on that highway, he had to be) carrying there, even with a FL license is illegal.
    Like all good citizens, I would imagine he had his pistol unloaded and locked away to stay legal while in Kalifornia.

He should lose it since he lied in the form about drug use.

I'm surprised he had a clean enough record to even apply.

of course they will not say when he got it.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Anybody tried to apply for a non-resident Florida license? Sent them the money and you've got it.

I liked the movie 310 to Yuma.
    Maybe Lil Wayne never saw it.

He is from here. One of the rappers that used to rap with him was arrested in the town I live in for chasing strippers down the street with a knife. He had his house repossesed not long after that.

There is always something happening with them.

Question is, was the FL permit as issued a resident or non-resident/out of state permit?

IIRC Dwayne Carter is from and still is based in LA.
    Further IIRC Arizona is one of those states that have firearm possession/carry rules that recognize resident permits only as opposed to non-resident.
    But it may not matter that he had a permit at all depending on how the firearm was stored on the bus as Federal peaceful journey rules might then come into play.
    As to drug use I have the FL application in hand and I see no reference asking about as much under prior convictions nor asking about current use. He's clear to that end. Proving the drugs are his own on a rolling group home of multiple persons might be a challenge which I bet his attorneys will be able to beat.

I'm thinking a half way fair attorney should be able to keep him clear on this.
    His is not like the case of musical performer John Popper of Blues Traveler from last year.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

If he has a home in FL he could have had its address on it instead of the address here in LA.

FL just issues a permit. They don't specify resident or non-resident. It just depends on the address on it.

He's a product of his environment! It's not his fault! He will do exactly zero days in jail.

It's pathetic and unfair and it downright pisses me off, but unfortunately I bet I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    If he has a home in FL he could have had its address on it instead of the address here in LA.

FL just issues a permit. They don't specify resident or non-resident. It just depends on the address on it.
    Correct, if he has a home in FL then he'd be a resident.
    And yes the permit does not indicate resident vs. non-resident, but if he comes up with said permit and a LA motor vehicle operators license toward identification and proof of residence then that indicates he is not a FL resident and thus having a non-resident type FL firearm license and is thus not a FL resident.
    It wouldn't be difficult for an officer to do the math on as much.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

It's the news..........he might or might not have a CCW, it's not like the talking heads on TV check their sources.

Sounds like Lil Wayne is a Lil stupid and is in a Lil Trouble...bye, bye CCW...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    And if he gets anything at all, its going to be a Lil slap on his Lil wrist, because this Lil case is going to be a Lil bit hard to prove, unless there is a Lil more information that we dont know about.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links