Letter from a former anti

This is a discussion on Letter from a former anti within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters Forgive me, for I have sinned. An About Face After Being Saved ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter from a former anti

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Letter from a former anti

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

An About Face After Being Saved by a Gun Owner

Sent in by Brian Clifford, from his Dear Friend

I am one of those people who you loathe. One of those invisible people who come into your living room without asking your permission. One of those people who follow you while you shop, and make it harder for you to make legal purchases. One of those people who try and tell you how to raise your children, as if you don't know how. One of those who gives ratings to stations that promote our demise as a free nation. I am your enemy. Or at least I was.

I followed it all, all of the propaganda, all of the hoopla. Believed it too. Believed that leaving my house was more dangerous than being in a war. At any given moment one of you evil gun owners would open fire on me. I saw the NRA stickers, the Gun owners of America stickers on the cars that passed, and I thought you were all fools. I did everything in my power financially to try and help more laws pass that would prevent you from owning guns. I wholeheartedly believed that only the Police, and Military should have guns. Every time I heard of a gang shooting, or other criminal act committed with a gun, I honestly believed that if we could curtail the legal sale of guns, we could make a difference.

Boy was I wrong.

I have children, three actually, and to me the only thing more important than raising them properly, was seeing that they aren't hurt in anyway. I wanted to ban guns, save my children, save all children. No child should have to be part of any kind of death, especially the kind that involves being shot. I gave money to all of the anti gun organizations I could think of, went to the "Million" Mom March, even looked at Rosie when she spoke, and actually admire her. Brought the kids as well, and even yelled some not so nice things to those other marchers. I'm sure some of you know who I refer to.

I was on my way back from the march, on my way back to Connecticut, when I stopped off of the highway at a rest stop by one of those McDonalds they have off I-95. By this time I had dropped off two of my kids with their father, and only had my little one with me. I went into the restroom with her, and on my way out noticed two men hanging out by my car. There were only two other cars in the lot at the time that were anywhere near my vehicle. I immediately felt threatened by their demeanor, but continued on to my car. The smaller of the two approached me with a knife as I was about to open the door to put my child in her car seat. He yelled at me to get in the back of the car, they were taking me for a little ride. I obviously told them to just take my keys, they could have the car, but they insisted I get in the back. I then heard a man yelling something I don't quite recall, and saw him running towards me with a gun in his hand. The two men vanished into their car, and sped away. I stood there frozen in time, and by the time the gentleman with the gun got to me I just broke down and cried.

To make a long story short, you were all right, and I'm sorry. This man with a gun saved me, and I just keep thinking if I had gotten my wish and guns were banned, there is no telling where I'd be, and what would've happened to my daughter. The only regret I have is not getting the man's phone number who saved my life. I thanked him over and over again, and told him that he saved me, but he calmly said to me something I'd never forget. He said "That's what people like me are here for Ms., and I'm happy to have been able to help."

"That's what people like me are here for," those words keep on running through my head everyday. Maybe this gentleman by some chance is part of your group, and will read my message. If he does I would just like to say something to him, and to everyone else reading this note.

Thank you for saving my life, and to the rest of you thank you for fighting for this man's right to protect me and my child. Tell him for me that I will no longer be part of the group who invades his home, and tries to tell him how to store his guns. Tell him I will never be part of any group who tries to make it impossible for him to buy his tool he used to save me. And tell him I will never again tell him how to raise his children properly, because obviously I was oblivious to the fact that responsible people such as him know how to raise their children better than I do. I did rectify that situation the other day; I bought a shotgun for home protection, and am in the process of getting my concealed permit. Next time I will be ready to defend myself, or others for that matter. Some of my friends think I'm crazy, but they try their best to understand. I just tell them that as soon as their child's life is put in jeopardy by some criminal with a weapon that they will understand, but until then don't tell me how to live my life. I've lost some friends, but surprisingly most of them understand. If not for this man I could very easily have been killed or raped, and my child could've been taken from me, so once more I need to say thanks for saving me, and with all sincerity to the rest of you, forgive me, for I have sinned.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    If this is a true account, I'm glad she's Ok. It takes something like this for the fervent anti's to come around.

what a way to learn a lesson....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

While I wish it didn't take an incident of this nature for her to learn the simple fact that law abiding gun owners are not the problem, I'm glad she realizes it now. If only others would understand that simple logic, without having to learn it the hard way, this would be a much better world.

Well lets hope it's true, good story anyway.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Very good read. Thanks for sharing.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sounds very similar to what an old school friend of mine went through. She wasn't completely anti but had a similar situation in a large Virginia city many years ago with her little ones in the car. Now she knows that guns are not just for Police, Military, and Security Officers. It is all too sad that too many have to learn the hard way about guns and gun folks.

VIP Member
    I can't verify the story, but the U.S. Concealed Carry Weekly Newsletter features it today. They cite as a letter to the editor of KeepandBearArms.com. KeepandBearArms.com has the same info as at the top of the post
    Sent in by Brian Clifford, from his Dear Friend
    They set it so sender's name is his email address.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

She ought to send that letter to all of the anti org's that she supported and request a refund.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    what a way to learn a lesson....
    Hard heads are like nuts: they only open up when cracked. It all too often takes a near-death situation to awaken some folks, and even then it's not assured.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Assistant Administrator
    Here is logic winning the day - which I am sure so many borderline anti's could achieve .... even without the experience.

To most of us here of course this result is ''old news'' but I sure wish the distinction between good and evil with regard to guns could be better served within the anti community ....... but even then ''control'' is much more the end than common sense and logic.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    If this letter is true and accurate, the lady who wrote it (if outspoken) could have a dynamic impact on the anti-gun crowd. Similar to the lady who's parents were killed at Luby's in Texas. I'll bet those two would make a great "tag team" if they'd get together.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Ron
    Even if not a true story, we all know that that scenario is an event waiting to happen.What really troubles me is the number of seemingly intelligent and otherwise rational people in most other matters, who reject reason and react solely to emotion and irrational arguments when it comes to gun control issues.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Here is logic winning the day - which I am sure so many borderline anti's could achieve .... even without the experience.

To most of us here of course this result is ''old news'' but I sure wish the distinction between good and evil with regard to guns could be better served within the anti community ....... but even then ''control'' is much more the end than common sense and logic.
    I agree with you but I don't believe logic won the day .logically she would have listened to the voices of good GOD fearing citizens trying to express our points of view. this however appears to have been her "logic" being ran head first into the brick wall of reality!

If this could be substantiated it would be great propaganda for our side other wise its just a good story

Lets hope she will work as hard for our side!

A conservative is, in many cases, just a liberal with 'experience'...

Glad she is OK, and glad she saw the 'light'...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links